Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here

Postwar Mk IV Hampshire Firemans Helmet

Article about: Hi Guys, I wanted to share this helmet with you although probably outside the realm of this forum. It came with a belt and axe with a 1953 date and a nice pair of boots. The liner is a 1952

Default Postwar Mk IV Hampshire Firemans Helmet

Hi Guys,
    I wanted to share this helmet with you although probably outside the realm of this forum. It came with a belt and axe with a 1953 date and a nice pair of boots.

The liner is a 1952 FFL but I can find no date or manufacturer on the shell. It was a bit rusty but has come up quite nicely with some renaissance wax although slightly over buffed.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Postwar Mk IV Hampshire Firemans Helmet   Postwar Mk IV Hampshire Firemans Helmet  

Postwar Mk IV Hampshire Firemans Helmet   Postwar Mk IV Hampshire Firemans Helmet  

Postwar Mk IV Hampshire Firemans Helmet   Postwar Mk IV Hampshire Firemans Helmet  

?

I wonder what is under the decal to the front? The shell I think is an RO&Co.
    Thanks for showing.

Quote by tinlid View Post
    I wonder what is under the decal to the front? The shell I think is an RO&Co.
    Thanks for showing.
    Nice MKIV, certainly different. Looking at the decal area, I think that it is just a very large circular decal incorporating the Hampshire crest Aaron, I don't think it is another decal underneath. Leon.

Yes the Decal is just short of 3" but the badge is only 2 1/4". I cant see anything else.

It also has a single spot weld on the front rim which I don't have in any of my other helmets.