Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Ques Collection -- British MkII Air Raid Warden Helmet?

Article about: What do I have here? Its a British Mk II type helmet. I cannot find any stampings on the steel but the liner is stamped VERO I 1938. Please, tell all that you know about this helmet.

Que
    ?

Default Ques Collection -- British MkII Air Raid Warden Helmet?

What do I have here? Its a British Mk II type helmet. I cannot find any stampings on the steel but the liner is stamped VERO I 1938.
    Please, tell all that you know about this helmet.

Ques Collection -- British MkII Air Raid Warden Helmet?Ques Collection -- British MkII Air Raid Warden Helmet?Ques Collection -- British MkII Air Raid Warden Helmet?Ques Collection -- British MkII Air Raid Warden Helmet?
    Ques Collection -- British MkII Air Raid Warden Helmet?

?

An nice early war Mk2, dated 38/39 i expect.
    Belonging to the ARP wardens service.

I suspect the "W" was added at a later date!...

Quote by Gunny Hartmann View Post
    I suspect the "W" was added at a later date!...
    Hi, I think Gunny is spot on. This looks to be a standard black MKII helmet that has had the W for Warden added post war as it appears from these images to be almost brand new in comparison to the "mottled and worn" background paint it is on. Leon.

'tempted to agree.....'really nice WWII helmet with a suspect "W"...close-up pics would help but the white lettering simply looks too good / new / fresh. 'always a dilemma...if you had fake decals on a sweet DD M35 Luft would you dump it?...or simply upgrade when you can...I'd hold and upgrade later

It could had belonged to George W. Bush.. Or John Winston Lennon.. ?
    Yes yes, a bad joke, i know but i just HAD to..
    I just uploaded it´s US Brother, an WW2 US Air Warden Helmet..

i have a British one too, but its paint is dark green,and the "W" looks battered as the rest of the paint, so yes, maybe someone added the "W" to give the helmet more "mojo" and make it cooler.. But in my humble opinion, original is always better..
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Ques Collection -- British MkII Air Raid Warden Helmet?