Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

A rather interesting 1942 dated C.L./C.

Article about: As stated a rather interesting 1942 dated C.L./C. Steel lot batch 72 there is a lot going on with this particular Mk II and it shows a good amount of wear to the paint and has a nice well wo

?

Default A rather interesting 1942 dated C.L./C.

As stated a rather interesting 1942 dated C.L./C. Steel lot batch 72 there is a lot going on with this particular Mk II and it has a nice well worn patina about it I do believe that the chinstrap is not original to the helmet and was added for the purpose of display...
    I am of the opinion that it may have fallen under the brush a couple of times in its service career as it would appear that there are at least two different shades of green on top of the original factory base coat.
    This particular Mk II is named to George W Foote of the RCASC, and interestingly enough is said to be sporting a flash Northumberland fusiliers this as of yet I have not been able to confirm and will have a better look at the flash when it arrives in the post...

Regards Mark
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture A rather interesting 1942 dated C.L./C.   A rather interesting 1942 dated C.L./C.  

A rather interesting 1942 dated C.L./C.   A rather interesting 1942 dated C.L./C.  

A rather interesting 1942 dated C.L./C.   A rather interesting 1942 dated C.L./C.  

A rather interesting 1942 dated C.L./C.  

Nice one Mark, there certainly appears to be three coloured stripes hiding under the paint work. Leon.

Very interesting and a nice example, thank you for sharing it Mark

Matt