Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

SA Mk II thoughts and opinions

Article about: I added this SA Mk II to my collection a while back and the helmet body ( Transvaal Steel Pressing Syndicate ) looks spot on and is a later produced shell do to the square cut chinstrap reta

?

The helmets were sent for painting to Messrs. Herbert Evans & Co. (Pty) Ltd. Helmets were first painted in the standard UDF green, then a darker UDF green and later in a desert sand or those helmets destined for troops in the Italian campaign, in a brown. Jager Rand (Pty) Limited manufactured and fitted the head linings and made delivery of the completed helmets to War Supplies.

Thanks for posting this Aaron a great bit of info from Mick could not help notice this paragraph referring to the colors of paint that were adopted taking special notice of the color brown for the Italian campaign found this statement rather interesting but would there not have been sand texturing on these examples as well as there is no mention if it was used on all helmet bodies that were painted by Messrs ? or is this just wishful thinking on my part.

Regards Mark

?

That's the trouble it doesn't mention about the textured paint?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2