Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Some US helmets, M1917-A1, USAAF M3 FLAK, USN Talker and 4 fixed bale front seam

Article about: I like the early WW2 helmets as they’re Pearl Harbor and Wake Island veterans

Default Some US helmets, M1917-A1, USAAF M3 FLAK, USN Talker and 4 fixed bale front seam

Some US helmets, M1917-A1, USAAF M3 FLAK, USN Talker and 4 fixed bale front seamSome US helmets, M1917-A1, USAAF M3 FLAK, USN Talker and 4 fixed bale front seamSome US helmets, M1917-A1, USAAF M3 FLAK, USN Talker and 4 fixed bale front seamSome US helmets, M1917-A1, USAAF M3 FLAK, USN Talker and 4 fixed bale front seamSome US helmets, M1917-A1, USAAF M3 FLAK, USN Talker and 4 fixed bale front seamSome US helmets, M1917-A1, USAAF M3 FLAK, USN Talker and 4 fixed bale front seam

?

Great helmets Garandy,
    I think the M3 flak is a M5 flak. Maybe it the angle of the photo, But it looks like the ear flaps are the longer type.

That Camo netting is a great addition. I got a Huge bag with the netting and support poles. They were asked to get rid of the stuff that came back from Desert Storm since it might be contaminated...…......I volunteered to take it off their hands
    And I'm fine, Well some would beg to differ

Thanks for sharing your GRANDY collection!!!

Semper Fi
    Phil

Could be M5 I’m not 100% sure

?

Yes I zoooomed in and its an M5 Flak. You can tell from the ear flaps, M3 are a shorter and rounded off versus the tear drop shape of the M5. It offered better protection for the Airmen,
    That was the last of the USAAF metal flak helmets during WW2.
    The rest became the cloth/leather versions with sewn in steel plates.
    Very Cool

Semper Fi
    Phil

Now that you mentioned it I got it about 10 years ago and I remember it was the last model M6! Thanks and still a valuable helmet I think

?

I love the Kellys!

I like the early WW2 helmets as they’re Pearl Harbor and Wake Island veterans

?

Quote by Garandy View Post
    Now that you mentioned it I got it about 10 years ago and I remember it was the last model M6! Thanks and still a valuable helmet I think
    M6?? Typo??
    M5 was the last steel flak helmet as far as I know and what I can find in my reference books.
    And that would be a yes for valuable . Especially if they still have the flocking on them.

The early Kelly's are a REAL treasure if you got them from the Vets who served in Pearl harbor and Wake. Very Cool!!!
    Two extremely important and historical places to have served!

Semper Fi
    Phil
    Last edited by AZPhil; 04-23-2020 at 11:32 PM. Reason: Added comment

M5 yes 6 typo

?

Thanks Garandy,
    That had me looking through my books to be sure.
    You have a wonderful collection

Semper Fi
    Phil

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast