Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

is this South African Brodie with black markings authentic?

Article about: gday, i was looking around on AVK militaria and i found this south african made brodie with desert tan for sale (definitely south agfrican because of the liner and the three punched holes. I

Default is this South African Brodie with black markings authentic?

gday,
    i was looking around on AVK militaria and i found this south african made brodie with desert tan for sale (definitely south agfrican because of the liner and the three punched holes. It also has some black markings across the front of the helmet which looks a bit like the tail of a rat (these were apparently painted on the helmets of the soldiers who fought in Montgomery's 7th or 8th army). i also read that excess helmets produced by the South Africans were given to allied armies. anyway all this to say - is it genuine? or have i just stumbled upon a fantasy piece. i've found an example of another helmet with seemingly the same markings (the first photo in the series)

many thanks,
    Otto Von Bigmacis this South African Brodie with black markings authentic?is this South African Brodie with black markings authentic?is this South African Brodie with black markings authentic?is this South African Brodie with black markings authentic?is this South African Brodie with black markings authentic?is this South African Brodie with black markings authentic?
    Last edited by Otto Von Bigmac; 08-01-2020 at 09:12 AM.

all good just has liner stacking mark like mine.

any concerns with the helmet overall?

Last edited by reneblacky; 08-01-2020 at 09:55 AM. Reason: not worth picture

groovy, roughly how much should i be looking to pay for a Brodie like the one i mentioned?

Quote by Otto Von Bigmac View Post
    groovy, roughly how much should i be looking to pay for a Brodie like the one i mentioned?
    Last edited by reneblacky; 08-01-2020 at 09:59 AM.

sorry, i'm looking at one other helmet and i was wondering if i could get ur opinion on it.

description is "Ww2 British Helmet. Nice african desert campaign ww2 helmet with original ww2 net and field dressing.helmet has the 3 holes on back of helmet to also helmet is named and numbered to an irish guards man.nice original desert rat helmet the troops darkened the helmet to dark colour when going from alamein to the european conflict.Condition is Used. Dispatched with Royal Mail 1st Class"
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture is this South African Brodie with black markings authentic?   is this South African Brodie with black markings authentic?  

is this South African Brodie with black markings authentic?   is this South African Brodie with black markings authentic?  

I’m intrigued re the “tail of a rat” bit.....the seller is telling you that the black mark around the outer dome of the shell is a painted rat tail?

no but I've seen another seller describe it as that and wasn't sure so i thought i'd check

?

Not one I would want, number looks new, paint is probably post war.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast