Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

Strange Model Adrian helmet

Article about: Found this bad boy at auction, didn't pick it up, but I'm very curious about as I haven't been able to find any information on it. I collect helmets for their history and this one despite no

Default Strange Model Adrian helmet

Found this bad boy at auction, didn't pick it up, but I'm very curious about as I haven't been able to find any information on it.

I collect helmets for their history and this one despite not being in my collection interestes me. So any information would be much appreciated.
    Strange Model Adrian helmetStrange Model Adrian helmet

?

Interesting, I think it’s an Italian Lippman helmet because the comb is welded not riveted, also the holes at the front are seen for mounting the brass plate badges. Because the additional plate is fitted under the comb it must be original to the helmet, I have no idea what it is for, I thought a guide fitting for a visor but couldn’t find any examples.

Are there photos of the liner? It looks like it’s held in with rivets.

Steve.

Thanks for responding, here's a picture of the liner.Strange Model Adrian helmet

Sorry it took so long to get back to you, (times zone differences) I've posted a pciture of the liner.

Marzetti has this as a helmet of the Caribinieri Reali, c. 1917. There was originally a metal flaming bomb emblem affixed to the front, which is now missing.

Thank you so much for your information. I really appreciate it.

Hopefully this page will help other collectors too.

?

Quote by aef1917 View Post
    Marzetti has this as a helmet of the Caribinieri Reali, c. 1917. There was originally a metal flaming bomb emblem affixed to the front, which is now missing.
    Good spot, I overlooked that my Marzetti book is the early edition with small photos.

The chinstrap doesn't look Italian (I've seen this type somewhere before but can't place it) and rivets on the side are not normally seen on this model but still and interesting and I would think hard to find helmet.

Steve