Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Thoughts on this British airborne helmet

Article about: I don't know anything about these helmets, wonder if anyone can tell me if this is original , thanks!

Default Thoughts on this British airborne helmet

I don't know anything about these helmets, wonder if anyone can tell me if this is original , thanks! Thoughts on this British airborne helmetThoughts on this British airborne helmetThoughts on this British airborne helmetThoughts on this British airborne helmetThoughts on this British airborne helmetThoughts on this British airborne helmetThoughts on this British airborne helmetThoughts on this British airborne helmetThoughts on this British airborne helmetThoughts on this British airborne helmetThoughts on this British airborne helmetThoughts on this British airborne helmet

Looks ok to me ,

SMP
    ?

Congratulations . It looks like a totally original British G&S para helmet. Classic G&S features. The net and type of scrim used suggest it was used by a Canadian.

?

Hi Steve this helmet is still sitting on the block as the gavel will not fall for another three days it is currently sitting just over $700.00 Cdn .
    Oddly enough the seller has removed his description over the last couple of days since I checked it last time were he had described some of the details I believe one to be the possibility of a replaced spanner bolt there was something else as well but it is lost to me know so IMO This one really needs to be scrutinized you will find a link below to the auction.

WW2 British Paratrooper Helmet With Rare Original G S Liner NET Scrim | eBay

Regards Mark

SMP
    ?

Quote by Mark K View Post
    Hi Steve this helmet is still sitting on the block as the gavel will not fall for another three days it is currently sitting just over $700.00 Cdn .
    Oddly enough the seller has removed his description over the last couple of days since I checked it last time were he had described some of the details I believe one to be the possibility of a replaced spanner bolt there was something else as well but it is lost to me know so IMO This one really needs to be scrutinized you will find a link below to the auction.

WW2 British Paratrooper Helmet With Rare Original G S Liner NET Scrim | eBay

Regards Mark
    Thanks Mark,

The description is still there :
    WW2 British paratrooper helmet with net and scrim . Liner is a rare G&S 1943 size 6 1/2 . The left rear chinstrap screw looks to have been field replaced with a similar screw .The rawhide string that holds the liner tight around the helmet appears to have broken in the front for head area , Liner is loose in the helmet but is still holding in place. Leather sweat band is still pliable with what looks to be a repair on the rear seem . Leather chin strap is still pliable with all rivets and tacks tight and in place . Crown cushion is in good shape and still tight . Net and scrim are secure and the net is held In place with and old kaki boot lace . This is the best displaying british Para helmet I have ever come across . Plus with a rare G&S liner. This helmet would look great in any display or collection . International bids welcome . I WILL ONLY SHIP USPS PRORITY MAIL INTERNATIONAL OUT OF THE U.S. If you have less than 10 feedback please contact me before bidding . There will be a 3 day inspection period upon receiving the helmet . If you wish to add insurance please let me know after the auction's end . Any questions feel free to contact me. Thank you for your interest !

W. Holmes

I would say this is a really good helmet to go for .

?

Thanks Steve for some strange reason I can not see the description on my laptop even after refreshing it a couple of times.

Regards Mark

Yes this helmet I do not own. I was just wondering though ts. Never seen one like this one before. Thanks for your thought s

SMP
    ?

Sold for a very reasonable price. I hope someone here bought it .