Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Thoughts on Brodie Helmet and "Turtle" Helmet.

Article about: So my friend recently offered me these two helmets for 170 Euro. My question is, is this a genuine? Am I being charged a fair price? And does anybody know if these type of helmets are faked,

Default Thoughts on Brodie Helmet and "Turtle" Helmet.

So my friend recently offered me these two helmets for 170 Euro.
    My question is, is this a genuine? Am I being charged a fair price? And does anybody know if these type of helmets are faked, I know german helmets are faked due to the value but I never thought if brodie helmets or anything of that kind would be faked.
    Thoughts on Brodie Helmet and "Turtle" Helmet.Thoughts on Brodie Helmet and "Turtle" Helmet.Thoughts on Brodie Helmet and "Turtle" Helmet.Thoughts on Brodie Helmet and "Turtle" Helmet.
    Thanks

?

They are not faked. In my opinion from the photos the liner of the Brodie looks like an Israeli copy of the MkII, the type of material used the oil cloth is not the same quality as you see on the 'turtle' MkIII. The paint looks like it's been on there for a long time.

The MkIII, the liner looks like it is riveted in place and it should have a pin inside that the liner clips to. I would ask for photo showing how the liner is fitted from the inside.

Steve

?

The second one is a MkIV you can see the low rivets.

Ok, that's good to hear. What do you think is or caused the "paint" on the Brodie? Is it a good idea to remove it if that's even possible?

So it's post war?

?

I personally wouldn't remove it, it looks like it was done some time ago and is part of it's history and character, removing has no guarantee of what you find or how successful you will be, but it will be obvious that the attempt and lose value and appeal. It likely had some civil defence use being painted red underneath. The black circle around it shows that it was stacked with other helmets at some point also indicating it is not a recent paint job.

I'm not 100% on the liner being Israeli, it may have manufacturers and date stamp, that would help.

M.E.E is correct the other is MkIV lack of attention to detail on my part.

Steve.

Steve.

?

The Mk4 is worth about £10 in that condition, the Mk2 would be worth 170Euro if it was a desert camo, easy. But I doubt it very much.

Ok thanks, so the original paint was red?

?

The paint under the yellow looks red/orange but this would not have bene the original colour. The original colour you can see form the inside of the helmet.

about £50 for both together imo and only then if I was feeling generous. The mkiv is a bit rough and the MKII has so many repaints it is likely to be an Irish reissue and the condition is poor and possibly has two different chinstrap lugs?
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.