Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Thoughts on this Mk2 Helmet please.

Article about: Hi everyone. Could I get your thoughts on this helmet please? A few points seem unusual to me. Firstly, the paint is light coloured, almost beige, which has been applied with a brush. This a

?

Default Thoughts on this Mk2 Helmet please.

Hi everyone.
    Could I get your thoughts on this helmet please? A few points seem unusual to me. Firstly, the paint is light coloured, almost beige, which has been applied with a brush. This appears to be the only layer of paint on the helmet, and appears to have been done before the chinstrap lugs were put on and the liner fitted. Secondly, the rivets fixing the lugs appear to be copper. Is this common?
    I can't see any dates on the shell, perhaps due to the paint, but the liner is 1939 helmets ltd.
    Many thanks.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Thoughts on this Mk2 Helmet please.   Thoughts on this Mk2 Helmet please.  

Thoughts on this Mk2 Helmet please.   Thoughts on this Mk2 Helmet please.  

?

Looks to be a private purchase helmet, quite often the chin strap lugs are dated

?

Interesting. Would you expect homefront or miliitary? Lugs are not dated unfortunately.

?

Private purchase home front.

?

Thank you. Is it just the lugs and rivets and their variation from the norm that suggest private purchase to you? Have you seen similar examples before?

?

Pretty standard for a private purchase, the chin strap lugs.
    Middlesex HG.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Thoughts on this Mk2 Helmet please.   Thoughts on this Mk2 Helmet please.  

?

Brilliant, thanks very much for the help!