Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Thoughts on MK2 'Home Guard' Brodie w/Canadian(?) Netting

Article about: Hello all, I've recently been afforded the opportunity to buy (what on the surface) appears to be a nice example of a MK2 'Home Guard' Brodie. The seller has provided some nice pictures, whi

?

Question Thoughts on MK2 'Home Guard' Brodie w/Canadian(?) Netting

Hello all,

I've recently been afforded the opportunity to buy (what on the surface) appears to be a nice example of a MK2 'Home Guard' Brodie.

The seller has provided some nice pictures, which show off the manufacturer and I think (having looked at the netting post), that this is an example of Canadian netting.

I'd be keen hear the opinion of some more seasoned 'net aficionados'!

Thanks in advance,

All the best,

- Gumrum
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Thoughts on MK2 'Home Guard' Brodie w/Canadian(?) Netting   Thoughts on MK2 'Home Guard' Brodie w/Canadian(?) Netting  

Thoughts on MK2 'Home Guard' Brodie w/Canadian(?) Netting   Thoughts on MK2 'Home Guard' Brodie w/Canadian(?) Netting  

Thoughts on MK2 'Home Guard' Brodie w/Canadian(?) Netting   Thoughts on MK2 'Home Guard' Brodie w/Canadian(?) Netting  

?

The three holes on the side of the rim designate the helmet as a No2C and not for issue to the regular army, but these were issued to the Home Guard.

This thread shows another example and more info Mk2 No.2C Home Guard

Looks like a nice helmet
    Steve

Nice home guard lid.
    John

?

Yes, the net does look like a Canadian made net.
    So doubtful it should be on there.