Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

Three diferent Adrian-helmets from Mexico

Article about: Hallo meine Kameraden. Some month ago I posted an adrian with strange camo at this forum. I removed part of that camo so one can see both colors... That one had no metal ribbets. Now i, ve g

Default Three diferent Adrian-helmets from Mexico

Hallo meine Kameraden.

Some month ago I posted an adrian with strange camo at this forum. I removed part of that camo so one can see both colors... That one had no metal ribbets. Now i, ve gotten an other one, that is diferent in design and color, with the metal ribbets. Two diferent adrians then.. What tipe of adrian might they be? Why two designs for the same troop?

The third one is a toy-adrian made of paper macheé. I bought it as a little adition to my collection, after all it´s still a helmet, isn´t it ?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Three diferent  Adrian-helmets from Mexico   Three diferent  Adrian-helmets from Mexico  

Three diferent  Adrian-helmets from Mexico   Three diferent  Adrian-helmets from Mexico  

Default Re: Three diferent Adrian-helmets from Mexico

te paso mi mail y te cuento, tengo informacion sobre esos cascos!
    polihelmet@yahoo.com

Someone please correct me if I am wrong, but isn't the Adrian w/o rivits ataching the crown and Italian M-1915?

Nop, the rivetless adrian helmet is a version made in mexico, sometimes called M40, very similar to italian.

Polihelmet, thanks for the correction. And now knowing this, is there a distictave feature that sets one apart from the other (M40 vs Italian M1915?) I picked up an old relic, for my son, that I assumed to be an Italian helmet but I learn something new here every day. Thanks in advance.

Russ & Son

Hi, the most distinctive item is the metal plates to hold the liner, in mexican M40 helmets is the same as the french m26, only that soldered, in the italian is in form of small metal hooks.