Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

US Fiber Parade M1917 Helmet

Article about: Haven't seen one of these before. Not sure if they are common or not. Or if it is a "Brodie" or "Kelly". I found it interesting and since it only cost a few dollars I pic

MAP
    ?

Default US Fiber Parade M1917 Helmet

Haven't seen one of these before. Not sure if they are common or not. Or if it is a "Brodie" or "Kelly".

I found it interesting and since it only cost a few dollars I picked it up.

Missing the liner and pretty beat up.

Would love to hear anyone's thoughts

"Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

MAP
    ?

So...no one has seen one of these?

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

?

ive never seen 1 b4 itd got the look of a brodie but dont think it is got me stumped

Quotes: #1.Haven't seen one of these before...#2 So...no one has seen one of these? I think you may have gone bonkers my friend lol! A nice piece, predating fiberglass or good composite construction ; a rather easily damaged item and my guess as to why so few are left around to be seen. Nice pickup Michael! Best regards.

Brian

MAP
    ?

Thanks guys.

Brian: So you are implying that since I haven't seen one then who else could? LoL!!! Believe it or not, I don't own one of everything. But there is a gentleman some of us know does hold that title (actually he hold many of everything )

It appears fragile but it is pretty solid...if that makes any sense. It is very well made and a bit complex. Multi-layered. Appears to be a composite of cloth and paper. And if you expand the interior photo you can see that there are nuts and bolts holding the liner band in. BUT there are no signs of this on the exterior. I would guess that these screws/bold were added and then covered over midway through the construction of the composite.

Eitherway, it cost a few dollars and was an interesting study so I picked it up. Don't know what I will do with it now however....

?

Well... I can definitely tell you that is not a Kelly helmet... no idea what it could be though.

?

Smile

Is it just me or is the top of the helmet black and the bottom of the brim green?

MAP
    ?

Just darkened with age and dirt.

Michael I will have to say I have never seen one like it before but I would agree “R” probably has one. I like it.

Marty
    Fortune favors the brave 644th td

MAP
    ?

Quote by tank destroyer View Post
    Michael I will have to say I have never seen one like it before but I would agree “R” probably has one. I like it.

Marty
    Just one?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast