Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

US M1 helmet with 69th Infantry Divison officer markings

Article about: A friend of mine picked this one up recently, I am not up to speed on US helmets, although this looks great to me, but .... is it a WW2 originally painted in the period helmet, or maybe Kore

Default US M1 helmet with 69th Infantry Divison officer markings

A friend of mine picked this one up recently, I am not up to speed on US helmets, although this looks great to me, but ....
    is it a WW2 originally painted in the period helmet, or maybe Korean war, or a completely repainted to fool example ??
    (helmet is not mine, I am just asking on behalf of a friend).

Thanks for looking, always good to learn new things...

Cheers

Bob
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture US M1 helmet with 69th Infantry Divison officer markings   US M1 helmet with 69th Infantry Divison officer markings  

US M1 helmet with 69th Infantry Divison officer markings   US M1 helmet with 69th Infantry Divison officer markings  

US M1 helmet with 69th Infantry Divison officer markings   US M1 helmet with 69th Infantry Divison officer markings  

A few more photos, which I took with a flash last night, so colours may be a bit brighter with these shots...

Cheers

Bob
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture US M1 helmet with 69th Infantry Divison officer markings   US M1 helmet with 69th Infantry Divison officer markings  

US M1 helmet with 69th Infantry Divison officer markings  

Can't be good looks to be a redone helmet rear seam not stainless with a WW2 liner. Note the ball chin strap connector

Hi Bob, I have to agree with Rene that this is a re-worked shell and not of WW2 vintage. The paint work just does not look right to me. Leon.

?

I'm just curious about the liner. Who made liners with that strip on the out side that runs down the middle?

Semper Fi
    Phil

Thanks guys, this is outside my comfort zone so appreciate your time looking and for the comments, though not what the owner wants to hear I think,
    we were looking at it and comparing it to a known WW2 example when my friend picked it up, and did note several differences, it looks like this
    one is going back to where it came from....

Best wishes

Bob