Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

US M1 Helmet Liner with 43rd Infantry Division Sticker

Article about: Hello All - I recently acquired this helmet liner as I really liked the unit identification. However, I thought it was WW2 but have since learned it is most likely used post war (the insigni

?

Default US M1 Helmet Liner with 43rd Infantry Division Sticker

Hello All - I recently acquired this helmet liner as I really liked the unit identification. However, I thought it was WW2 but have since learned it is most likely used post war (the insignia is an applied decal, but is very old). I can't find a manufacturer's stamp/mark either. I would sincerely appreciate some help in identifying its manufacture date and also the time frame that it was most likely used. Thank you very much for the help. US M1 Helmet Liner with 43rd Infantry Division StickerUS M1 Helmet Liner with 43rd Infantry Division StickerUS M1 Helmet Liner with 43rd Infantry Division Sticker

It is a WW2 era liner. The maker stamp is molded inside the top of the dome, some are lighter than others but needs to be there. I am not able to comment on the unit for the decal but decals were also used during WW2. Others, more knowledgeable, will comment on the decal.
    John

?

Thank you for your comments, John. I'll keep looking for the maker stamp! I have seen two other helmet liners with 43rd division decals on the internet - I look forward to other's comments - thanks again.

?

Son of a gun - I just found the manufacturer stamp. It's a D17 over a circle W; or made by Westinghouse.

Quote by Gman37 View Post
    Son of a gun - I just found the manufacturer stamp. It's a D17 over a circle W; or made by Westinghouse.
    Good to hear. W is Westinghouse. I believe the D17 is the mold number but my knowledge is not that deep.
    John

?

US M1 Helmet Liner with 43rd Infantry Division Sticker

Close up of decal

The decal is good but I am not sure of era since it is beyond my knowledge Base. Others will help out.
    John