Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

US tank helmet liner?

Article about: I bought this at a yard sale and the seller did not know what is was. I suspect it is a liner for a tank helmet. ANy info would be appreciated.

?

Default US tank helmet liner?

I bought this at a yard sale and the seller did not know what is was. I suspect it is a liner for a tank helmet. ANy info would be appreciated.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture US tank helmet liner?   US tank helmet liner?  

?

Default re: US tank helmet liner?

I think this is either for a tanker helmet or air force type helmet 1976 dated

Nice liner. I wonder how hard it will be to find a large sise helmet ?

( I believe it is from 1978 )
    Regards,

Steve.

?

Your correct my mistake 78 dated

yea its a tankers helmet late 70's all the way through 80's, i know because i have one. hard part is finding the kevlar helmet to go with it, which are hard to find.

This is the liner for the "CVC", or Combat Vehicle Crewman, helmet. Often mislabeled as a tank helmet, since it is used in all tracked vehicles. And some wheeled as well. The liner supports the communications gear normally seen with it. Microphone, speakers, etc.. The complete helmet and design is still in use today, with some changes. Ballistic kevlar shell and changes in the comms pieces such as a flexible mic, BOSE speakers with directional microphones that assist in hearing direct conversation and sound when wearing the helmet outside of the vehicle or disconnected from the comms system. The more modern ballistic shell you will often see used by Special Ops types after being modified to wear as a normal helmet, since it can be worn with comms equipment.

I still have one of mine that I used. Or rather, separate components that complete a sample. Older shell from the 90's, with a more recently used liner with a mix of new and old parts.