Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

W/FG MKII helmet (1940)

Article about: Hi, I just thought I would show you my latest MKII buy. It is a nice Warden/Fire Guard Home Front helmet dated 1940 to both the shell and liner. It also has what I assume is the Wardens numb

Default W/FG MKII helmet (1940)

Hi, I just thought I would show you my latest MKII buy. It is a nice Warden/Fire Guard Home Front helmet dated 1940 to both the shell and liner. It also has what I assume is the Wardens number scratched into the inside skirt.Not the cheapest Wardens helmet but a nice variation that seems to be getting quite scarce. Leon.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture W/FG MKII helmet (1940)   W/FG MKII helmet (1940)  

W/FG MKII helmet (1940)   W/FG MKII helmet (1940)  

W/FG MKII helmet (1940)   W/FG MKII helmet (1940)  

Very nice Leon thanks for showing it

Best regards Matt

Great looking mk2 Leon.Picking up on something Aaron said about these marked Helmets are becoming more sort after now as there rareity increases,where as I've noticed the more plain run of the mill items aren't doing nearly as well,guess this is the way collecting seems to be going at the moment,anyway well done Bud on yet another fab Home front Lid...........

Quote by ruddersrangers44 View Post
    Great looking mk2 Leon.Picking up on something Aaron said about these marked Helmets are becoming more sort after now as there rareity increases,where as I've noticed the more plain run of the mill items aren't doing nearly as well,guess this is the way collecting seems to be going at the moment,anyway well done Bud on yet another fab Home front Lid...........
    Hi Jake, you are not wrong there mate. I have also noticed that there are a hell of a lot of "pimped up" Home Front helmets appearing now as well, it's not just the Unit flashed military helmets that are faked anymore! I think that we have to be very wary when buying Home Front helmets now and look twice at everything as those "cheap" un-marked and difficult to sell helmets are being ruined by con artists, especially on ebay, but I have seen a few on respectable sites over here in the UK that for me just do not look correct. The German helmet fakers have found a new market me thinks! Leon.

?

A very desirable W/FG, they are not cheap but as you said quite hard to find.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture W/FG MKII helmet (1940)  

Certainly right on that one Leon.why sell a plain jane Lid with totally original paint for a modest sum when I can pimp it right up and make a few extra quid while at the same time completely destroying our history,absolutely criminal............

- - ------- - -

Great period picture Aaron............

?

Grumpy bottom right has the same helmet.
    It's a helmet on my wanted list too.

Quote by tinlid View Post
    Grumpy bottom right has the same helmet.
    It's a helmet on my wanted list too.
    Hi Aaron, I don't know if you have seen it but REGIMENTALS.CO.UK has one for sale. A bit pricier than what I paid but it is still a nice helmet. Leon.
    Attached Images Attached Images W/FG MKII helmet (1940)  W/FG MKII helmet (1940) 

?

Yes, I did see it thanks, but I keep waiting for a cheaper one, which at the moment doesn't seem to be coming up.
    Maybe one day.

'been collecting them for a while and up until recently I refused to pay the prices as the soared...then i realised I wasn't getting any of the good ones...so as i couldn't beat them, I kinda joined them (a bit). They ARE expensive now and yes I'm worried too about the fakes as the aging techniques improve....but there's still some sweet ones coming out.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast