Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Wardens MKII

Article about: Hi all, I picked up another Home Front MK2 Helmet today, this example is painted black and has the Warden's W to the front and rear of the helmet. I've been looking for a fair Warden helmet

Default Wardens MKII

Hi all,

I picked up another Home Front MK2 Helmet today, this example is painted black and has the Warden's W to the front and rear of the helmet. I've been looking for a fair Warden helmet at a decent price and this example seems to fit the bill, with a liner and chinstrap.

The paint is too thick to make out any maker or date of the helmet shell. However, from the liner being a 1939 dated example made by BMB I would hazard a guess at the Shell being a 1939/40 BMB made piece too.

Inside the dome of the shell the helmet retains it's original factory paint. There is unfortunately a bit of green house paint on the brim but I'm guessing this example, like most of these at some point has been in a shed or garage in it's lifetime.

I hope you all enjoy,
    Matt
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Wardens MKII   Wardens MKII  

Wardens MKII   Wardens MKII  

Wardens MKII   Wardens MKII  

Wardens MKII  

A photo better showing the internal colour in natural light and the liner inspection mark above the size
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Wardens MKII