Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

what helmets did the french use post ww2

Article about: by sebfrench76 Colt 45,i know that our army was probably (with Romanian and Deutsh Army...) in the top 5 of the "horrible looking" ones,but....the 1915 model you pictured,was in se

Default what helmets did the french use post ww2

just a question ,i was watching world at war on dvd ,it showed footage of french troops rentering siagon just after the end of ww2 i think they said 1945 the footage was of french troops wearing what i can only compare to russian ssch type helmets can anybody shed any light on what these might of been ive tryed looking on the web but to no avail thanks james

Default Re: what helmets did the french use post ww2

FRENCH 1951 HELMET Look here. I think it is this helmet. French M1951 helmet.

?

mabye this?

I would have expected them to be wearing US M1's at this date.

Cheers, Ade.

thanks for the quick response guys ,that m51 looks similar though i cant be sure ,they definately werent wearing adrian helmets if anybody has the world at war on dvd it is the second to last dvd called reckoning 1945....and after thanks james

The French did not wear M51's in 1945-46, since the type wasn't introduced till 1951. The French did use US, British and of course French helmets.

I would imagine them to wear the M26 or M35 helmets. It is quite possible for them to already wear the US M1.

Russian helmets would seem out of the question.

Look at Joseba's for the different French helmets! Francia carros mÂș 35

Cheers,
    Emile

the French would of worn the M26 or the US M1 during that time periodwhat helmets did the french use post ww2
    Last edited by battle gear; 10-21-2010 at 02:43 AM.

I do confirm:French used the M1 during Indochina war.Then,during the Algeria war,standard helmet was the 51 type,and this,til around 1985.Then,model F1 was in use(i wore it during my army time in 1992).Since 2000,a new type,similar to the US fritz has been choosed.
    Type 51 is surely the ugliest helmet ever designed,i remember piles of this model pierced by a pickaxle,in order to destroy 5 each time...Don't worry,a collectible one is really easy to find here,it cost 5 or 10 euros..Ha ha ha !Real bargain,compared to a vintage M1 price..

Colt 45,i know that our army was probably (with Romanian and Deutsh Army...) in the top 5 of the "horrible looking" ones,but....the 1915 model you pictured,was in service until 1926....The WWII French helmet was similar ,but a bit wider.Look was pitiful,indeed..

Quote by sebfrench76 View Post
    Colt 45,i know that our army was probably (with Romanian and Deutsh Army...) in the top 5 of the "horrible looking" ones,but....the 1915 model you pictured,was in service until 1926....The WWII French helmet was similar ,but a bit wider.Look was pitiful,indeed..
    At least they had character : )

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast