Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 ... LastLast

WW2 British and Commonwealth helmet markings and Badges.

Article about: Thought it might be a good idea if we had a thread where for reference, one could look up, or remind oneself of WW2 British and Commonwealth helmet badges. If you could add only WW2 ARMY bad

'trouble with "you lot" is that khaki is just sooooo unforgiving darling.......I need reds, whites, yellows, blues, silvers........!!!!

Perhaps you can be my adviser at W&P....but only after I have one of every Home Fronter!

Quote by SMP View Post
    Great helmets being shown here , but I am surprised that not many other members seem to have any. Does Aaron own all of them ? I guess GENUINE flashed helmets are rare after all .
    I guess he does.

They tend to attract a lot of very high bids these days and I have yet to find on in a local shop unless it has already been sold, apart from one flashed home guard lid.

Maybe one day.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Quote by SMP View Post
    No 5 Provost Company - part of the Canadian 5th Armoured Div who served in Sicily and Italy in WW2. The helmet is a Briitish MKII, not Canadian .
    I notice this helmet is now for sale on a dealers site.
    Regards,

Jerry

?

And again, not cheap Jerry.
    Ade, how many more decades do you think it will take you to get every home front in all their variants 🤔😂

I've catalogued over a thousand already...and I estimate I find/see a new-to-me example at least every week.......you do the maths......

...and with our mutual friends painting new ones every week it doesn't get any easier.....

Quote by tinlid View Post
    And again, not cheap Jerry.
    Ade, how many more decades do you think it will take you to get every home front in all their variants 🤔😂
    Aaron, The RASC mkI* you have for sale is by comparison cheap.
    Regards,

Jerry

SMP
    ?

Quote by Jerry B View Post
    I notice this helmet is now for sale on a dealers site.
    Being Canadian it did not fit in my collecting field

?

?

Some Canadian examples.

48th Highlanders, this example was made by BMB in 1939. The 1st and 2nd Canadian Divisions were sent to the UK before Canadian helmet production had begun. Note the rim inscription "France June 13" . The 48th was part of 1st Canadian Infantry Brigade sent over to France as part of the 2nd BEF in June 1940. It managed to get back to the UK with most of its manpower and equipment.
    Roger

WW2 British and Commonwealth helmet markings and Badges.WW2 British and Commonwealth helmet markings and Badges.

?

Royal Montreal Regiment - the MG Battalion of I Canadian Corps. Again a BMB helmet.WW2 British and Commonwealth helmet markings and Badges.

Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 ... LastLast