Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

WW2 Canadian MK II Liner?

Article about: I bought this helmet not too long ago and I've never seen a Canadian liner like this. I don't dare remove it because the liner is attached to the helmet with a rivet. My main concern is the

Default WW2 Canadian MK II Liner?

I bought this helmet not too long ago and I've never seen a Canadian liner like this. I don't dare remove it because the liner is attached to the helmet with a rivet. My main concern is the buffers on the outside of the liner and the red beams that keep everything together. Do you think this liner is from WW2? Thanks!WW2 Canadian MK II Liner?WW2 Canadian MK II Liner?WW2 Canadian MK II Liner?

?

Is the rivet aluminum? Can you show a photo of the outside.

Thanks,
    Steve

Is there a metric size indicated on the reddish fiber arms?

Like 57 or so? Or is there a maker mark?

It looks a bit makeshift.

Cheers,
    Emile
    Last edited by emileverbunt; 06-14-2022 at 09:16 AM. Reason: spelling

?

On some British private purchase home front helmets, the cruciform pad is riveted to the liner like this.

WW2 Canadian MK II Liner? Here is a photo from the top.

The helmet is marked C.L./C. So I imagine that would mean it is an overseas helmet? From what I understand home defence helmets are undated and marked GSW DPH.

I wasn't able to find a makers mark. I might be on the other side of the liner but I can't remove it because of the rivet.

?

If it is a British HF P/purchase liner, they were often not stamped, just a paper label.
    But why is it in a Canadian helmet?

I'm not sure. Either the liner was put in after the war to let someone's kid play it with or done during the war with whatever materials were lying around as a emergency repair.

Hi just thought I'd give you an update on this helmet. The collector's Guild (germanmilitaria.com) has a British home defence with the exact same liner. Only the bolt is different. This was probably switched out during the war since something happened to the original liner.