Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

WW2 Warden R helmet

Article about: Hi everyone, just thought I would share this... I think it is a standard ARP helmet, but I just wondered what your thoughts were on a couple of interesting features... there are two unused h

?

Default WW2 Warden R helmet

Hi everyone, just thought I would share this... I think it is a standard ARP helmet, but I just wondered what your thoughts were on a couple of interesting features... there are two unused holes around each rivet holes - do we think these were punched incorrectly by the manufacturer? Also, the strap seems to be a different material to some of my other early straps, much more stretchy - was this common?
    Thanks, as always,
    Shaun
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture WW2 Warden R helmet   WW2 Warden R helmet  

WW2 Warden R helmet   WW2 Warden R helmet  

WW2 Warden R helmet  

?

Nice original Mk2 No.2A, one hole in the brim to show it was for home front use only.
    Rescue was used through the war and after.
    There were many slightly different Mk2 straps, is there an M or asterisk ink stamp on the strap?

?

Brilliant, thanks as always Aaron. Great stuff… no other markings on the strap, feels a very soft material though… thank uou for clarifying about the holes also, i have read about additional holes identifying home front only, but i thought these appeared in groups of two or three holes…
    Both helmet and liner BMB 1942, for info.
    Thanks again chaps