Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

WWII British Paratrooper Helmt

Article about: Hello, looking for a second opinion on this helmet please. Shell appears to be a MkIII, date of the liner would be correct to that, black padding ect...However there is no size listed within

Default WWII British Paratrooper Helmt

Hello, looking for a second opinion on this helmet please. Shell appears to be a MkIII, date of the liner would be correct to that, black padding ect...However there is no size listed within the liner between the date stamp like all other examples of BMB liners I have seen in 1943-44 styles. Also it is too hard to tell if the paint if war time or post war added, does show age but no way of knowing originality. Please let me know if you see any red flags. Thank you
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture WWII British Paratrooper Helmt   WWII British Paratrooper Helmt  

WWII British Paratrooper Helmt   WWII British Paratrooper Helmt  

WWII British Paratrooper Helmt   WWII British Paratrooper Helmt  

Stamp doesnt look real to me and helmet has been painted post war

As said the stamp doesn't look right and looks post war painted, Aaron should be along to confirm.

Matt

?

Most likely a post war HSAT, with a fake maker/date stamp. Which now makes it neither one thing or the other.
    Here's a picture of an original Mk2 HSAT date/maker stamp.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture WWII British Paratrooper Helmt  

Ok. Thanks for the info. Ya I thought something was wrong with the stamping on the liner. Got the confirmation I was looking for. Going to pass on this. Thanks again everyone.