Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

Add your desert camouflaged helmets for future ref.

Article about: Thought it would be useful to post our desert camouflage helmets in one thread, as a nice quick ref point. I will start with mine . I have posted before in another thread .

?

Default Add your desert camouflaged helmets for future ref.

Thought it would be useful to post our desert camouflage helmets in one thread, as a nice quick ref point. I will start with mine . I have posted before in another thread .
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Add your desert  camouflaged helmets for future ref.   Add your desert  camouflaged helmets for future ref.  

Add your desert  camouflaged helmets for future ref.   Add your desert  camouflaged helmets for future ref.  

Add your desert  camouflaged helmets for future ref.  

SMP
    ?

Well I have a few "possibles" in my collection, but none that I have provenance for. In the meantime here is a captured British helmet complete with German vet art applied. It belongs to Marcus Cotton and he kindly showed it to Aaron and myself recently. Can you spot the various desert names ? The helmet also features a palm tree, an elephant, and a native N.African !
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Add your desert  camouflaged helmets for future ref.   Add your desert  camouflaged helmets for future ref.  

Add your desert  camouflaged helmets for future ref.   Add your desert  camouflaged helmets for future ref.  

SMP
    ?

Of all the helmets in my collection, this is the one I feel is the most likely to have been used in N.Africa. It is a very early green S.A. helmet that has been camouflaged on the outside only.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Add your desert  camouflaged helmets for future ref.  

?

Great looking helmet, shows how much wear these helmets showed during the war as the palm tree is painted over a large area of missing paint, a lot of wear I see on helmets I'm never sure if it's period or post war storage. It's nice to see an example that locks the wear down to the war time period. Hope that makes sense, a really nice lid.

?

I think this may have a chance of being issued at the time of the Desert campaign,as its 1940 dated.

Add your desert  camouflaged helmets for future ref.  

Morning to all,
    here is another SA dated 1940, found in Italy, may have been used before in North Africa, I say this because its original color was over painted with a paintbrush, in slightly lighter yellow.

Regards
    Roberto

Add your desert  camouflaged helmets for future ref.Add your desert  camouflaged helmets for future ref.Add your desert  camouflaged helmets for future ref.

?

Some really nice examples

Quote by busman View Post
    I think this may have a chance of being issued at the time of the Desert campaign,as its 1940 dated.
    I used to have one of these SA helmets with the same paint as this, but I no longer have it and do not have any good pics of it. One of those items I wish I had kept....
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Add your desert  camouflaged helmets for future ref.  
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.