Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

Zuckerman Helmet - McEwan brewers

Article about: Here’s one to drink too on top of brodies zuckerman to keep the spirit going I got this Zuckerman along side a mk2 for free from a friend at work during a placement which finished last wee

?

Default Zuckerman Helmet - McEwan brewers

Here’s one to drink too on top of brodies zuckerman to keep the spirit going

I got this Zuckerman along side a mk2 for free from a friend at work during a placement which finished last week! He and his brother had used them as toy helmets when they were kids ( for context he is only 24!)

Made by E.Camelinat & co ltd in June 1941. This medium sized shell was issued to workers at the old McEwans brewery in Scotland! Never had a McEwans beer/lager myself but a lot of old pubs have signs for them.

On top of the standard ( no maker mark liner) there is also a an “Adjusta” strap which was sold commercially for these helmets.

?

Zuckerman Helmet - McEwan brewersZuckerman Helmet - McEwan brewersZuckerman Helmet - McEwan brewers

For context!

?

Really nice.
    If the leather sweat band is pliable enough, there might be an maker name inside.

?

Tried having a look round while gently moving the leather ( it’s sorta stiff) and I cannot yet see a maker mark unfortunately. Might be one there but it’s hard to get a good look

That's a nice Zuckerman JB, with some pedigree. A pity the cavalier on that can of export wasn't sporting one instead of his floppy hat!

?

If I had the photoshop skills required that would make for a pretty cool edit blackcat!

Quote by Jb4046 View Post
    If I had the photoshop skills required that would make for a pretty cool edit blackcat!
    I haven't either but couldn't resist a try...

?

Hahah that’s pretty good!