Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

1/35 scale British Valentine in Soviet service, lend lease tank.

Article about: Hi All, All the photos of my models posted so far have all been of old models built years ago and it's been a while since I posted here and at least ten years since I last built and painted

Default 1/35 scale British Valentine in Soviet service, lend lease tank.

Hi All, All the photos of my models posted so far have all been of old models built years ago and it's been a while since I posted here and at least ten years since I last built and painted any new models due to health issues and never thought I would again after my Liver transplant that is now 3 years ago, it left me with some shaking hand problems and ptsd due to being in a coma nightmare for 3 weeks and almost dying after I got a secondary infection. It has been a very hard and long road but I feel almost fully recovered now and have been modelling again recently I was a bit shaky at first but I seem to be getting back to it ok now so this is one of my first batch of models completed since I started again. It is the Tamiya 1/35 scale British Valentine Mk II/IV in the lend lease soviet configuration and markings the photos aren't great and I haven't put it on a base yet but generally pleased with the result, the only details I have added are the cable and junction boxes for the lights and horn at the front of the tank I used fuse wire,foil strips and plastic rod this detail is missing from the kit and is quite prominent so decided to add it.
    Hope you like it, Cheers, Andy.
    1/35 scale British Valentine in Soviet service, lend lease tank.1/35 scale British Valentine in Soviet service, lend lease tank.1/35 scale British Valentine in Soviet service, lend lease tank.1/35 scale British Valentine in Soviet service, lend lease tank.1/35 scale British Valentine in Soviet service, lend lease tank.1/35 scale British Valentine in Soviet service, lend lease tank.

Well done Andy!

Mart

raz
    ?

That is awesome with all the detail and time you put in that tank . Hope to see you build many more sir .
    Dennis

bump

You have real talent sir ,it must be like a miniature Bovington round your house! Glad your on the mend and looking forward to seeing more of your projects in the future, Regards Paul

MAP
    ?

Fantastic. I love it.

Sorry to hear about your medical issues. But glad to hear you are on the road to recovery!
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Fantastic and well done, i have wanted to get my hands on a competed Sherman FURY model.

Quote by paulscoot View Post
    You have real talent sir ,it must be like a miniature Bovington round your house! Glad your on the mend and looking forward to seeing more of your projects in the future, Regards Paul
    Funny you should mention Bovington the Wife and I went down there for the Tiger day 12 and it was great to see Tiger 131 running around the Arena the only fully restored and running Tiger 1 in the entire world plus the Sherman used in the movie Fury was also there along with several others, great show and great museum.
    Andy.

Quote by greatwhite View Post
    Fantastic and well done, i have wanted to get my hands on a competed Sherman FURY model.
    greatwhite, Italeri actually do a Fury kit in 1/35 scale but if you simply want to buy a finished and weathered model done to professional standards there are some around on Etsy and eBay but you can expect to pay anything from £150 to £250 depending on the standard of work and consequently the amount of hours needed to complete a model to high standards and this barely rewards the time and skill it takes.
    Thanks to all of those who liked and commented on this post it's very encouraging to me.
    Cheers, Andy.

Glad you are on the mend and superb work!
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast