Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

1/35 Scale Jagdpanzer 38(t) “Hetzer”

Article about: This lockdown was staring to make me insanely bored. So I thought I would return to model making after a 3 year break (militaria kinda took priority back then) I noticed Airfix has recently

?

Default 1/35 Scale Jagdpanzer 38(t) “Hetzer”

This lockdown was staring to make me insanely bored. So I thought I would return to model making after a 3 year break (militaria kinda took priority back then)

I noticed Airfix has recently started making new 1/35 tank kits which is something they should have done a long time ago considering their competitors. I thought the Hetzer would be a good choice since it’s quite small and therefore not as hard as maybe a Ferdinand or jagdtiger.

Overall I managed to build the kit in around 3 hours. The tracks and the remote controlled MG34 were the most tedious parts but overall this was a easy kit to build.

I have included photos as it progressed which I feel adds depth to the process. I am still yet to paint the model so a follow up post will occur next week hopefully. I just wanted to get some hype for that plus break the overall process down.

Really hope you guys like what you see so far and look forward to seeing what I ultimately choose to paint it up as. I am really happy to say after 3 years I think I did alright!

Thanks for having a look!

1/35 Scale Jagdpanzer 38(t) “Hetzer”1/35 Scale Jagdpanzer 38(t) “Hetzer”1/35 Scale Jagdpanzer 38(t) “Hetzer”1/35 Scale Jagdpanzer 38(t) “Hetzer”1/35 Scale Jagdpanzer 38(t) “Hetzer”1/35 Scale Jagdpanzer 38(t) “Hetzer”1/35 Scale Jagdpanzer 38(t) “Hetzer”1/35 Scale Jagdpanzer 38(t) “Hetzer”1/35 Scale Jagdpanzer 38(t) “Hetzer”1/35 Scale Jagdpanzer 38(t) “Hetzer”

A Work of Art in Process

Looking forward to the end result
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Looking forward to seeing the finished product!
    I see a little photo etch, was the screen the only photo etch in the kit?
    I think you should slow down, or, you'll have to pick up quite a few more to keep you busy until this blows over.

It took me about 12 hours just to scratch build this fire extinguisher for my 1/35th Panther tank.
    Ralph.

Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

?

Yeah the screen was the only photo etched piece included. I could buy a extra kit for that but I don’t think it’s necessary. Hahaha your right though I am already searching for my next kit!

that’s really cool Ralph! Is the panther a Finished piece of a work in progress? either way I cant wait to see.

Nice work in progress... I like the way the tracks are made. The last time I did a 1/35th kit it was still the flexible rubbery track, which didn't lend itself to authenticity.

?

Yeah I agree with you on that one. But some kits make you attach each individual link to each other which is a nightmare!

Quote by Jb4046 View Post
    Yeah the screen was the only photo etched piece included. I could buy a extra kit for that but I don’t think it’s necessary. Hahaha your right though I am already searching for my next kit!

that’s really cool Ralph! Is the panther a Finished piece of a work in progress? either way I cant wait to see.
    Thank you, it is unfinished.
    I have been working on this for quite a few years, on and off. I am recreating a photo of one of my father's tanks in 1/35th.
    Ralph.

Last edited by rbminis; 04-12-2020 at 05:31 PM.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Quote by HARRY THE MOLE View Post
    Nice work in progress... I like the way the tracks are made. The last time I did a 1/35th kit it was still the flexible rubbery track, which didn't lend itself to authenticity.
    Oh that takes me back to making kits with my Dad when I was a kid, the language always got a bit colourful when it came to doing the old rubber tracks. Those mounded ones T least give you a chance of creating a little realistic track "tension".

I remember doing the 1/16th scale Tiger with interior detail... and all those bl**dy individual track links!

?

Here is the final result. I went for a basic late war camo using dunkelgelb and red primer. Not too much wear and tear or even rust since I didn’t feel it was necessary.

The reason is took me soo long to update this thread was the fact my grey base primer only arrived two days ago! That and another protect is happening. Quite a big militaria related one....

Hopefully you guys like the outcome! Thanks for having a look.

1/35 Scale Jagdpanzer 38(t) “Hetzer”1/35 Scale Jagdpanzer 38(t) “Hetzer”1/35 Scale Jagdpanzer 38(t) “Hetzer”1/35 Scale Jagdpanzer 38(t) “Hetzer”1/35 Scale Jagdpanzer 38(t) “Hetzer”

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast