Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

1/35th scale British Crusader mk II, North Africa.

Article about: Hi, This Model was built way back in 2002 and is the very old Italeri 1/35th Crusader mk II kit built straight from the box except for minor added details - wire fuel tank pipe, draped camo

Default 1/35th scale British Crusader mk II, North Africa.

Hi,
    This Model was built way back in 2002 and is the very old Italeri 1/35th Crusader mk II kit built straight from the box except for minor added details - wire fuel tank pipe, draped camo net, tarpaulin, tin foil and gloss varnished headlight lens and Tommy helmets. Base is an old bread board and the desert groundwork is formed from polyfilla coated in a watered down wood glue mix sprinkled with sand, fine dirt from the road and crushed cat litter (unused of course ! ) the desert grass is made from old shaving brush hairs bundled together then placed in the still wet plaster/polyfilla. Painted the ground with many different oil colour washes and dry brushed high lights. This was one of the quickest and easiest models I've made and just goes to show you don't have to buy the latest expensive kits or detail sets etc. to get good results also this kit is well known for having some details that are wrong for the mk II but I didn't care and just made it as it came yet it still won many awards at the model shows. Hope you like it sorry for the quality of the photos but they were also taken on an old camera in 2002.
    Cheers, Andy.
    1/35th scale British Crusader mk II, North Africa.1/35th scale British Crusader mk II, North Africa.1/35th scale British Crusader mk II, North Africa.1/35th scale British Crusader mk II, North Africa.1/35th scale British Crusader mk II, North Africa.1/35th scale British Crusader mk II, North Africa.1/35th scale British Crusader mk II, North Africa.1/35th scale British Crusader mk II, North Africa.

Another stunning model - one of your best yet i think.
    I love the details - the rusted spare track sections, the helmets.
    nick
    Last edited by HoundsTooth; 03-30-2019 at 09:50 AM. Reason: typo

This is very well done! Thanks for sharing.

?

Really cool!

Weird thinking this model and me are roughly the same age....

?

Very nice dio
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Military-archeology-Legenda-Latvia/224779244335847

http://www.hobbyhistorica.com/

That's fantastic Andy. The painted really has that sun weathered look.

PJS
    ?

Very nice work. I really like seeing armor displayed on simple bases like you have constructed here. Well done and I only hope my Panzer 38t which I am currently working on comes out half as good as this. Cheers.

Phil