MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here

Czołg lekkie 7TP

Article about: Not built a model in over 30 years so please excuse the lack of finesse. My friend and tattooist in Krakow sent me this at the beginning of the lockdown, it's from a Polish manufacturer call

Default Czołg lekkie 7TP

Czołg lekkie 7TPCzołg lekkie 7TPCzołg lekkie 7TP
    Not built a model in over 30 years so please excuse the lack of finesse. My friend and tattooist in Krakow sent me this at the beginning of the lockdown, it's from a Polish manufacturer called Mirage who i had never heard of. The kit is not up to the standards of the Tamiya kits i've built in the past but the fit of parts is very good. Some parts of the kit are quite basic as the hatches are moulded shut, but other parts seem to be overly detailed like the rear light which is about a mm in diameter (not good when you have sausage fingers.
    I basically just dirtied up the paintwork (some people weather tanks so much they look like they've been pulled from a scrap yard) as Polish tanks were only in the field for a few weeks.
    The worst part of the model was the horrible polythene track that came with it, i found a replacement track kit which consists of about 200 individual links measuring about 2.5mm x 8mm, Jesus did they try my patience. For a 1/ 35th scale kit it's quite small, i reckon about the same size as a Panzer 1 i built years ago.
    Last edited by Gunny Hartmann; 08-10-2020 at 03:36 PM.

An unusual subject and well done for finishing it!

I am in the same position as I was a keen 1/35 scale model builder back in the '70s before life got all serious!

In recent times I have made few attempts to recapture the enjoyment of my Saturday morning visits to Beatties model shop in Manchester and subsequent afternoons passed working on the subject of choice. Sadly I have so far consitently failed to get beyond the first stages of a build I'll manage it eventually!

Regards

Mark
    PS I think you are correct about the weathering of a vehicle used for such a short time and I believe the Germans painted anything they took into service with their own colours.
    Last edited by Watchdog; 08-10-2020 at 04:44 PM. Reason: Typo
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

Quote by Watchdog View Post
    An unusual subject and well done for finishing it!

I am in the same position as I was a keen 1/35 scale model builder back in the '70s before life got all serious!

In recent times I have made few attempts to recapture the enjoyment of my Saturday morning visits to Beatties model shop in Manchester and subsequent afternoons passed working on the subject of choice. Sadly I have so far consitently failed to get beyond the first stages of a build I'll manage it eventually!

Regards

Mark
    PS I think you are correct about the weathering of a vehicle used for such a short time and I believe the Germans painted anything they took into service with their own colours.
    Cheers for that Mark. i've seen a few Photos of the 7 TP in German use and they sprayed them Panzer grey. I think when these tanks were first adopted they were an all over darkish green, then the Poles tried what they called "Japanese camo" which was multi coloured blotches bordered by black lines. When the war started most of the green vehicles were over painted in dark yellow and dark red/brown camo, you never know maybe that's where the Germans got the inspiration for their later war camo colours.

Nicely done.
    gregM
    Live to ride -- Ride to live

I was addicted to the "Hokey-Pokey" but I've turned
    myself around.