Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Graupner Type V11C/42 U Boat

Article about: I took delivery of the latest model of a type V11C U Boat the other day. And although a bit pricey at over £600, you cannot help but admire the attention to detail. It is being sold as 'surf

Default Graupner Type V11C/42 U Boat

I took delivery of the latest model of a type V11C U Boat the other day. And although a bit pricey at over £600, you cannot help but admire the attention to detail. It is being sold as 'surface runner' only. But everything is there to turn it into a dynamic dive. All that needs to be done is add the control linkages and servo's and you are away! I am hoping it will submerge rather than sink when I send it out on it's first patrol. At 1390mm long it just fits in the back of my car with the seat down.Graupner Type V11C/42  U BoatGraupner Type V11C/42  U BoatGraupner Type V11C/42  U BoatGraupner Type V11C/42  U Boat
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Graupner Type V11C/42  U Boat  

Default Re: Graupner Type V11C/42 U Boat

Further picture's of the boat showing the watertight compartments. Just in case anyone thinks I have taken the easy route with this - rather than build one myself, I have also included pictures of my Type V11 which I have been building for most of this year. All deck slots cut by hand. About 400 on the main deck, each one at roughly 1.5mmX10mm. Conning tower built entirely from scratch with all rails silver-soldered. Currently on ebay!Graupner Type V11C/42  U BoatGraupner Type V11C/42  U BoatGraupner Type V11C/42  U BoatGraupner Type V11C/42  U BoatGraupner Type V11C/42  U Boat

?

Nice one Steve and i love the Avatar
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

Hi Paul,
    Obviously I'm not as good looking in the picture as I am now, But that is probably because I was feeling a bit 'jaded' at the time. Forgot to tell you. While I was selling poppies, I was approached by a bloke who was in 4th Regt and served in Ireland in 1979. And Colin, the bloke I usually took off at Tesco, did a tour in the Lodge and was based at Girdwood Park. We had a lot to talk about. My daughter couldn't understand why we were laughing when we were going on about some of the gun-battles we were involved in.
    Cheers,
    Steve

?

Did you get the lad from 4th's name mate ?
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

?

Here is a link to Steve's new book , we now have a new Author on the forum !!

It describes a time that many of us here who served in the British Army can relate too !!

Belfast Diaries: A Gunner in Northern Ireland 1971-74 (Book) by Steve Corbett (2013): Waterstones.com

1st July 1916

Very impressed with the U Boot, i'll have to get the book!...

Quote by Gunny Hartmann View Post
    Very impressed with the U Boot, i'll have to get the book!...
    Buy at least 10 copies. Send them to me, and I will do a dedication in each one at a reduced price of £900 each book.

Quote by HARRY THE MOLE View Post
    Buy at least 10 copies. Send them to me, and I will do a dedication in each one at a reduced price of £900 each book.
    Hahahahhahaaaa, nice try!....

Quote by Paul E View Post
    Did you get the lad from 4th's name mate ?
    Hi Paul,

I may be repeating myself here with this - I really don't know though. I didn't even ask the bloke. The last time I got into conversation with someone about 4th Regt was at the cenotaph here in Warrington several years ago. He saw my NI medal and claimed that he had been there. He said he felt embarassed wearing his, so he didn't bother. He asked where I served. And when I told him about the tour in 1974 at New Lodge, he claimed he was with 97 Bty on that particular tour. I asked him if he remembered Kim Maccunn and Bernie Fearns. He said he had never heard of them before. Then he asked me who the little cross was for. I held it up and shown him the names I had put on. he turned bright red, turned around and rapidly made his exit.

I do listen to people when they talk to me. But these day's I tend to take what they say with a pinch of salt. There are a lot of bull sh***er's out there as you probably know. There is a game I play with my daughter every year at the cenotaph. I try to see how many 'veterans' I can spot wearing medals they are not entitled to. I don't know why they do it. I was once on exercise in Germany. And the Meadows generator for our Bofor's gun was in a collision. We pulled into a farmyard to spend the night there. The farmer came out and was all excited, and he offered to sort out the generator for us. He told me he was in the 'Das Reich' panzer division during the war. I thought he was talking a load of bull until he rolled up his sleeve! What a character he was.

The home where my wife's aunt is staying has a German resident. I was talking to her one day, and it turns out she was in the Kriegsmarine during the war. She was in charge of 40 other women. From what she was telling me she was responsible for tracking the bomber formations as they came over Germany. Yesterday she was telling me about the Focke-Wulf 190's she guided in to the bomber streams. A very interesting woman indeed!

Thanks for the posting on the book. I must alter my signature!

Harry (Steve)

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast