Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

Italian Atlantic plastic soldiers

Article about: Anyone else still has any of these from the seventies?

JMM
    ?

Default Italian Atlantic plastic soldiers

Anyone else still has any of these from the seventies?

Italian Atlantic plastic soldiers Italian Atlantic plastic soldiers

?

No, I've never seen these before. they are very detailed for plastic soldiers and the box graphics are outstanding !

JMM
    ?

Quote by Aldo View Post
    No, I've never seen these before. they are very detailed for plastic soldiers and the box graphics are outstanding !
    index

Atlantic (company) - Wikipedia

Great sets I would have loved them at the time, not sold down here. Airfix are what I had in the day.
    Bit of history Atlantic had there!

RMD
    ?

Hey there, JMM.. Man, those kits are frigg'en awesome! Are they yours?

.. When I was a kid, growing up in Howard Beach, NY, my Grandma and Grandpa used to take me into little Italy for war toys. You had to glue em' together, paint em' and then add decals. There were also kits with tiny little plastic soldiers, but can't remember what they were called.

The photo below, I still have a few of these kits unopened. Unfortunately, they are up north in a storage unit.

The ones you have, I wonder if they ever did Napoléon, or Caesar?

.................. Thanks' for posting those kits. Very cool

Italian Atlantic plastic soldiers

JMM
    ?

I guess these were only sold in Europe back in the seventies.
    The figurines were of less quality than Airfix, Matchbox, Tamiya or Esci and therefore cheaper, so afordable to more consumers.
    The highlight were the Mao, Mussolini, Hitler and Lenin/Stalin figurines. They had a lot of Italian army/navy related figurines and also had a great set of cowboys and indians. For a kid back then this was everything you always wanted. Hours of play and fun.
    The later productions were The Romans and The Egyptians set (don't know if they did the Napoléon or Caesar figurines).
    Thanks for your comments.

RMD
    ?

Quote by JMM View Post
    I guess these were only sold in Europe back in the seventies.
    The figurines were of less quality than Airfix, Matchbox, Tamiya or Esci and therefore cheaper, so afordable to more consumers.
    The highlight were the Mao, Mussolini, Hitler and Lenin/Stalin figurines. They had a lot of Italian army/navy related figurines and also had a great set of cowboys and indians. For a kid back then this was everything you always wanted. Hours of play and fun.
    The later productions were The Romans and The Egyptians set (don't know if they did the Napoléon or Caesar figurines).
    Thanks for your comments.

............................. Awesome Thanx for the info... ... .

Beautiful, in fact I grew up playing with these soldiers, I had collected all those related to the Italian post-war Army units.
    The ones you show us are the first historical version dating back to the early 70s, later in the late 70s Atlantic began producing a series dedicated to WW2 armies with exceptional detail quality, I remember the "Afrika korps" box , where on all the figurines you could decide whether to use the steel helmet or the pith helmet ....... in 1:72 scale, this was remarkable for the time !!!
    Atlantic also produced military vehicles, airplanes and ships, but they were made of PVC and were built interlocking, they were good for playing with but not for modeling use.
    On the modeling front, the leader was Airfix, which I used for many years, but when, when a kit Hasegawa of Mig 25 arrived in my hands, I decided to change supplier.
    Thanks for the nice memory!

Roberto
    Last edited by OldSteel; 07-07-2019 at 07:09 PM. Reason: correct word