Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Kubus

Article about: Warsaw Uprising: Kubus A rare kit of a very rare vehicle, another kit from the Polish manufacturer Mirage and their factory in Warsaw is only a couple of miles from where the real Kubus was

Default Kubus

Warsaw Uprising: Kubus
    A rare kit of a very rare vehicle, another kit from the Polish manufacturer Mirage and their factory in Warsaw is only a couple of miles from where the real Kubus was built.
    An interesting model to build with a fair bit of interior detail, but strangely no steering linkages etc on the front axle. As far as I knew Kubus was just an armoured car, what i didn't realise it was also an APC which could carry up to 12 home army troops.

KubusKubusKubus

MAP
    ?

Thanks for showing. Interesting vehicle. Never heard about it before. Not surprisingly as they only made one it appears.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

?

Kubuś (Polish for "Little Jacob") is a Polish improvised fighting vehicle used by the Home Army in the Warsaw Uprising during World War II. The single vehicle was built in secret to function as an armoured car and armoured personnel carrier for assaults by the Home Army, where it suffered damage and was abandoned after two weeks of service. Currently, the original Kubuś vehicle is held in the Polish Army Museum, while a full-scale replica built for the Warsaw Uprising Museum is in perfect condition and frequently takes part in various open-air festivals and reenactment shows. There are a few kits, including one with paint and brushes currently available on Ebay-De. The Wiki story is kind of a cool read !
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Kubus  
    Attached Images Attached Images Kubus  Kubus 
    I'd rather be A "RaD Man than a Mad Man "