Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Mighty IS-3 in 1/35th Scale

Article about: Comrades! The time has come to finish off the Third Reich! Oh wait, never mind, we already won... My latest build of Tamyia's 1/35th scale IS-3. The text on the barrel reads "Sniper&quo

Default Mighty IS-3 in 1/35th Scale

Comrades! The time has come to finish off the Third Reich! Oh wait, never mind, we already won...
    My latest build of Tamyia's 1/35th scale IS-3. The text on the barrel reads "Sniper" in Cyrillic. It will be going into a diorama with my next build, a "Berlin 46'" Facing a Tiger II (H)

MAP
    ?

Pretty amazing detail. I used to love modelling as a kid. Hoping to pick it back up again when I retire one day.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Thanks! The Tamyia kits have awesome detail, just look at the detail on the turret where it would have been cast metal.

?

I love building dioramas. Good job

MAP
    ?

Quote by Ryan Wong View Post
    Thanks! The Tamyia kits have awesome detail, just look at the detail on the turret where it would have been cast metal.
    Tamiya was always my favorite. I'm in Hong Kong this week (actually leaving for home in 2 hours). There are a couple of streets here that have dozens of stores that focus on modelling. Every time we come here my two boys and I check out all the shops. It is eye candy.

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Quote by Ryan Wong View Post
    Thanks! The Tamiyia kits have awesome detail, just look at the detail on the turret where it would have been cast metal.
    I agree also with Ryan..I started off with Monogram..and once i saw Tamiya..I never went back..and also Tamiya has a wide selection of armament models..from the largest of vehicles used,.. all the way down to the accessories of jerry cans and buckets. Tamiya IMO makes all dioramas possible Regards Larry

@ Map..the longest part of the journey is coming home..and dealing with the jet lag. Chat soon
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

MAP
    ?

Quote by Larry C View Post

@ Map..the longest part of the journey is coming home..and dealing with the jet lag. Chat soon
    yeah. Not fun....

But the upside is that when I get home my Samurai sword should be in the mail after being restored by Moses. Can't wait!!!!

Quote by MAP View Post
    yeah. Not fun....

But the upside is that when I get home my Samurai sword should be in the mail after being restored by Moses. Can't wait!!!!
    I look forward to seeing it Michael!
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

MAP
    ?

Quote by rbminis View Post
    I look forward to seeing it Michael!
    Ralph.
    Thanks Ralph. Moses was very excited how it turned out.

Here it is before restoration

Katana identification

now back to the original thread...

@Ryan: have you finished the Tiger 2 yet?

?

Yes back to the original discussion,

Great job Ryan. By chance are your metal highlights done with powdered graphite?
    I love the use of the CHANhep. We used that in our squadron patch for the Marine Adversary Program. We were the "Snipers"

Semper Fi
    Phil

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast