Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Panther G 1/35 tamiya

Article about: Here i present my last surviving 1/35 model before i started collecting militaria about 2 years ago. A tamiya panther g, i used to have tons of models but unfortunately most have broke or ha

?

Default Panther G 1/35 tamiya

Here i present my last surviving 1/35 model before i started collecting militaria about 2 years ago. A tamiya panther g, i used to have tons of models but unfortunately most have broke or have gotten lost. I may get back into modelling in the summer as a means to kill free time.

Im sure the professional modellers will be able to pick apart my effort here, such as sloppy paint or fixtures that have come loose. But this model means a fair bit to me as being my best model I produced.

Enjoy the pictures!

Panther G 1/35 tamiyaPanther G 1/35 tamiyaPanther G 1/35 tamiyaPanther G 1/35 tamiyaPanther G 1/35 tamiya

Panther G 1/35 tamiya
    Heres a just for fun pic with a PZGR 39 + EK2

I really like this, you've nailed the tracks. They look very good.
    My only Tamiya was a 1/35 M3 Grant. Lots of aircraft though.
    Nick

... IMO it looks cool

With best wishes
    alter musketier
    P.S.: What about the shell?
    In memory of my father who was in K-Einsatz, combat engagement, with the RAD in the Alps in 1945, of my grandfather who was with the IR 87 during campaign in France in 1940 and of my grand-uncle who served in the Gardegrenadierregiment Nr. 3 "Königin Elisabeth" and who was killed in action at Craonne, Chemin des Dames in France in 1917

?

Panther G 1/35 tamiya

Unfortunately it is not a 75mm KWK 42 PZGR 39. Its a KWK 40 PZGR 39 for the long barrelled 75mm Panzer IV F2 to J . Fortunately however the PZGR 39 design is almost the same among most German tank ammo types and its also a 75mm.

Quote by Jb4046 View Post
    Panther G 1/35 tamiya

Unfortunately it is not a 75mm KWK 42 PZGR 39. Its a KWK 40 PZGR 39 for the long barrelled 75mm Panzer IV F2 to J . Fortunately however the PZGR 39 design is almost the same among most German tank ammo types and its also a 75mm.

Dear Jb4046,

Thank you very much, very interesting. To play it safe: Certainly the shell is safe and deactivated, or?

With best wishes
    alter musketier
    In memory of my father who was in K-Einsatz, combat engagement, with the RAD in the Alps in 1945, of my grandfather who was with the IR 87 during campaign in France in 1940 and of my grand-uncle who served in the Gardegrenadierregiment Nr. 3 "Königin Elisabeth" and who was killed in action at Craonne, Chemin des Dames in France in 1917

?

Yes the shell is 100% safe . No explosive cavity or charge remains!

ha I had one too when I was a kid, but I wasn't disciplined enough to paint it. Along with the ships I'd built - they suffered the wrath of my air rifle I had at the time!

Quote by Jb4046 View Post
    Yes the shell is 100% safe . No explosive cavity or charge remains!
    ... perfect. So I am calmed down

With best wishes
    alter musketier

?

Mine (also a Tamiya 1/35) still rolls (there is a small engine in it on batteries) after 45 years!

Panther G 1/35 tamiya

?

I guess after 45 years . Real patina has effected it making it look pretty cool weathering wise!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast