Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

Panzer 2 Ausf B 1/144th scale

Article about: Hi, This is the smallest model I have ever made it is a Panzer 2 Ausf B by Dragon in 1/144th scale I have placed a ruler and an Iron cross 2nd class to show how small these models are, I thi

Default Panzer 2 Ausf B 1/144th scale

Hi, This is the smallest model I have ever made it is a Panzer 2 Ausf B by Dragon in 1/144th scale I have placed a ruler and an Iron cross 2nd class to show how small these models are, I think they are designed for wargaming but I had fun building and painting it the only extras I did to it were to add a antennae made from an old broken micro drill bit, added two tarps made from tissue and glue and hollowed out the ends of the guns with the tip of a modelling knife. The wall and gate are model railway accessories and the ground work is made with polyfilla sprinkled with dirt from the roadside and painted and the greenery is old tea leaves built up to shapes with wood glue then painted. Hope you like it, it's a bit of fun.
    Cheers, Andy.
    Panzer 2 Ausf B 1/144th scalePanzer 2 Ausf B 1/144th scalePanzer 2 Ausf B 1/144th scalePanzer 2 Ausf B 1/144th scalePanzer 2 Ausf B 1/144th scalePanzer 2 Ausf B 1/144th scale

You do nice work.

Mart

MAP
    ?

Beautiful. You and Ralph would get along great with your "mini's"
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

?

Really nice!

I used to have the miniature scale tanks. Think it was flames of war or something. I had a tiny jagdpanther. I wouldn’t of expected there to be that many pieces for this kit right?

You must have good eyes and steady hands.

Hi, You're right these kits have very few parts usually running gear and tracks as two parts left and right sides, hull top and bottom as two separate parts with all tools etc. moulded on then the turret and gun. The tracks and wheels are made of a flexible rubber like material and the rest is usual plastic I found the fit of the parts really awful and had to do a lot of trimming and then filling to get it all together, you get two models of different tanks in a kit this one came with a Panzer 3 that was so badly moulded and misshaped I binned it. I also built two modern west German leopard tanks I will try to find the photos of them as I sold them years ago I wouldn't bother with this scale again even though it was fun I'm into 1/48th scale now as it's smaller than 1/35th so better for display space but big enough to have good details etc. Anyway I'm rambling on now so will shut up and go and do some gaming.
    Cheers Andy.
    PS: To Gunny, the hands are still fairly good but the eyesight sadly declines with age so my glasses and magnifiers get more and more powerful as age takes it's toll.
    Quote by Jb4046 View Post
    Really nice!

I used to have the miniature scale tanks. Think it was flames of war or something. I had a tiny jagdpanther. I wouldn’t of expected there to be that many pieces for this kit right?

Hi, Here are the only three photos I have of the two Dragon 1/144th scale West German leopards I built and painted at around the same time as the Panzer 2 using all the same techniques for groundwork etc. The twenty pence piece is for scale comparison but might not mean anything unless you're from the UK anyway they are about 1-1/2" inches long not including the gun barrels. It was pointed out to me some time ago that one of these Tanks would never have been painted in this camo scheme but I don't really give a monkeys I enjoyed them and that's what it's all about for me.
    Cheers, Andy.
    Panzer 2 Ausf B 1/144th scalePanzer 2 Ausf B 1/144th scalePanzer 2 Ausf B 1/144th scale

I'm stunned at the attention to detail at such a small scale , I salute your workmanship sir! regards ,Paul

CBH
    ?

You must have the hands of a surgeon, I used to find 1/35 models hard. LOL

Actually I have the hands of a cave troll with fingers like a bunch of Fyfe's Bananas, I make lots of mistakes but have learnt to correct or conceal them over the years I have also taught myself patience and when I start getting clumsy I walk away and come back to it later. I find 1/35th quite difficult because the mistakes are magnified and some things are much easier in the smaller scales.
    Quote by CBH View Post
    You must have the hands of a surgeon, I used to find 1/35 models hard. LOL