Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here

Rio 64 1942 MERCEDES,ADOLF HITLER'S PERSONAL BLACK BENZ

Article about: I was out shopping the other week and stumbled on a Collectable Toy Shop. As you do I popped in to reminisce and drift back to my childhood. There was the usual Star Wars, Doctor Who, Star T

?

Default Rio 64 1942 MERCEDES,ADOLF HITLER'S PERSONAL BLACK BENZ

I was out shopping the other week and stumbled on a Collectable Toy Shop. As you do I popped in to reminisce and drift back to my childhood. There was the usual Star Wars, Doctor Who, Star Trek, Corgi and Dinky toys, which I might add took me right back to the 1970's.

Then sitting at the back of the very bottom shelf almost out of sight I got a glimpse of this little beauty. The Rio 64 1/43 scale model of Adolf Hitler's personal Black Mercedes Benz, and for a very reasonable price indeed.

Not something I'd usually go for and I walked away at first. Only to come back an hour later after a bit of shopping and a coffee. Now it sits on my book shelf with my German WWII Corgi die cast aircraft. All I need now is to find the figures to go with it. I have seen quite a few online since purchasing this one and probably will buy another one in the end when the price is right.

I was really surprised that the Party flags were still on the car.

KenRio  64 1942 MERCEDES,ADOLF HITLER'S PERSONAL BLACK BENZ Rio  64 1942 MERCEDES,ADOLF HITLER'S PERSONAL BLACK BENZ

Rio  64 1942 MERCEDES,ADOLF HITLER'S PERSONAL BLACK BENZ Rio  64 1942 MERCEDES,ADOLF HITLER'S PERSONAL BLACK BENZ

Rio  64 1942 MERCEDES,ADOLF HITLER'S PERSONAL BLACK BENZ

It is a fantastic miniature car. Quite a few years ago, I saw one with some figurines of the driver, Hitler and Mussolini.
    Love it!

Regards
    Santi

Arrow

Good to see this model on the WRF !

I've had mine for many years ; it graces the top bookshelf in my study ( which should probably carry a Political Correctness Warning... )

Rio  64 1942 MERCEDES,ADOLF HITLER'S PERSONAL BLACK BENZ

?

Thanks Santi,
    I am planning to find the appropriate figures to go with it or maybe purchase another miniature car with figures.
    Ken

?

Looks good on that shelf Martin and some great reading material as well.

Ken

?

Cool car here's mine
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Rio  64 1942 MERCEDES,ADOLF HITLER'S PERSONAL BLACK BENZ