Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Tamiya Universal (Bren) Carrier Mk II. 1/35th scale

Article about: Well guys and girls, as promised absolutely ages ago, I'm finally putting up some photo's of the Bren carrier that's been sitting on my desk waiting to be finished for ages. The vehicle is a

?

Default Tamiya Universal (Bren) Carrier Mk II. 1/35th scale

Well guys and girls, as promised absolutely ages ago, I'm finally putting up some photo's of the Bren carrier that's been sitting on my desk waiting to be finished for ages.
    The vehicle is a Tamiya 1/35th scale model with the addition of an Eduard photo-etch set and bits and pieces from Dragon/DML, Tamiya, my "spares box" and some scratch-built bits.
    The figure is a slight conversion using parts from the Tamiya "British Infantry on Patrol" and Dragon "British Infantry, Normandy 1944".
    The base is made in my usual manner of an appropriately sized off-cut, polystyrene packaging for the height etc, PVA glue and whatever materials seemed appropriate for the groundwork at the time.
    Paints used were Humbrol enamels, GamesWorkshop acrylics and Tamiya acrylics.
    Photo's were taken with a Fuji FinePix Z20fd digital camera.

Apologies if any of the pic's are not as clear as they ought to be, but, I hope you all enjoy them all the same.

Regards etc
    Ian D

AKA: Jimpy
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Tamiya Universal (Bren) Carrier Mk II. 1/35th scale   Tamiya Universal (Bren) Carrier Mk II. 1/35th scale  

Tamiya Universal (Bren) Carrier Mk II. 1/35th scale   Tamiya Universal (Bren) Carrier Mk II. 1/35th scale  

Tamiya Universal (Bren) Carrier Mk II. 1/35th scale   Tamiya Universal (Bren) Carrier Mk II. 1/35th scale  

Tamiya Universal (Bren) Carrier Mk II. 1/35th scale  

Default Re: Tamiya Universal (Bren) Carrier Mk II. 1/35th scale

Nice, polystyrene for the base...looks great...

?

Thanks for that Darren.

Base work is polystyrene packing with the old standby of various grades of sand and grit over a PVA glue covering then static grass, small stones etc.

Regards etc

Ian D

Looks great Ian. I built this model many moons ago, but not as well as you.
    Tom

?

Hi Tom

Thanks for the compliments.

The Tamiya Bren carrier was one of the first 1/35 scale kits that I built years ago, I've since "re-visited" the kit a few times over the years, and have currently got another 3 unmade ones in the cupboard with designs on a few conversions of them, hopefully without resorting to the Resicast conversion kits, (very nice, very accurate but also very expensive when you are like me and unemployed!)

Regards etc
    Ian

Good luck. Whatever you decide to do with them, post photos.
    Tom

?

Quote by StuG III View Post
    Good luck. Whatever you decide to do with them, post photos.
    Tom
    Thanks Tom

I've got the Osprey Vanguard book on the carrier and there are a couple of vehicles in the colour plates section that I fancy the idea of making, one is an ambulance conversion used by the New Zealand forces in Italy which should certainly look different..............All WHITE with a tarpaulin etc, just got to find some more reference material and photos etc before I make start on the "plans" etc.
    And yes, photos will be posted.

Regards etc

Ian

?

Very nice job,must have taken lots of time.
    JEDEM DAS SEINE

?

Overall it took about 45hours, allowing for drying times etc with the paints and glues. Actual build time of the carrier was only about 2hours, figure about 1/2hour and base about 1hour. It was built in down-time between doing other models and painting a lot of WarHammer 40k figures for my Imperial Guard wargames army!

Regards etc
    Ian

?

Very nice Ian, for some reason ive always had a soft spot for the old carrier, poss coz i got to ride in one when i was a kid over Tottenham marshes , there was an old boy who had one just down the road from where my dad worked and he used to go over the marshes every W/end, until the police stopped him because the local football teams complained that he was churning their pitches up, miserable perishers

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast