Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

29 Infanterie Division around Mzensk - 1942

Article about: Hi everyone, i have a group of pictures that from the places and dates occasionally mentioned on the back, can be attributed to a member of the 29. ID ( Source used: German situational maps

?

Default 29 Infanterie Division around Mzensk - 1942

Hi everyone,

i have a group of pictures that from the places and dates occasionally mentioned on the back, can be attributed to a member of the 29. ID ( Source used: German situational maps @ WWII Aerial Photos and Maps ).
    To find the specific unit i was hoping someone might be able to tell me more which parts of the Division was stationed around the following times and places, thanks for having a look!

After the Russians unleash their winter offensive they retreat from the Serebryanye-Prudy area and end up NW of Mzensk (just on the divide with the 25. ID on their left flank)
    _Alisowo (Mal. Alisovo) from mid december 1941 till March 1942
    _Faravonowo (Farafonovo) in March 1942
    _Glinskoje & Sushafront (Glinskoye) from March to May 1942.

also a "Hauptmann Bauer" is mentioned on one of the pictures, presumably taken October 1941 when they were stationed near Bryansk.

"Susha-stellung: Komp. bunker"

Kind regards, Olivier.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement 29 Infanterie Division around Mzensk - 1942
    P
    Many

Maybe you can post more of the pictures?

?

Hi Glenn,

i can show them all once i finish my webpage on them, but was hoping someone here could tell me more about what unit of the 29. ID this might be, before i do.
    If nothing comes up i will have to settle for what i found out so far and will link it here, perhaps someone in the future might be able to help or find it usefull in their own research.

Regards, Olivier

?

Olivier i am a researcher of the 29 ID (Mot ) so if they are linked to the Divison i should be able to help you out but need to see more of the photos , from the one you have posted i see no link to the Falke !!

cheers

Paul
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

?

The Falke did of course held the winter positions around Suscha , what i can tell you is that in Suscha itself were II /15 and 8/ AR29 , i cannot find any reference to any of the other locations you mention in the Divisonal History.
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

?

Hi Paul,

thank you for the info so far, unfortunatly i dont have acces to the Divisional history so thanks for looking into that.
    I will finish my webpage with what i got so far and link it so we can hopefully find out more about it, the picture i added was more decorational then tied in with the questions really.

Another one from the Suscha line: "Sushafront: Niemandsland"

Regards, Olivier

?

You can see the pictures here (check out the marchroute section for captions,dates & places), hope it helps figuring out more.

Regards, Olivier