Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

40th Anniversary of the Movie A Bridge Too Far

Article about: I was perusing Netflix, and saw the title to A Bridge Too Far. A fantastic movie with an all star cast. Can't believe it's been 40 yrs.

Default 40th Anniversary of the Movie A Bridge Too Far

I was perusing Netflix, and saw the title to A Bridge Too Far. A fantastic movie with an all star cast. Can't believe it's been 40 yrs.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement 40th Anniversary of the Movie A Bridge Too Far
    P
    Many

I remember seeing that in the theatre...now I feel that much older. It was a good movie, they'll never be able to make them like that again.

Definitely a classic. I saw it in 1982 on a beta max tape. The movie was a huge success Large budget , all star cast from top to bottom, great soundtrack. Showed perspectives from all of the represented sides. Not a typical propaganda flick.

I don't need any excuse then to post this favourite clip of mine again........

'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

I'm watching it now. Im prior to that point. Gould is building the Bailey bridge on the Son.

?

A Film that spurned many of the myths about the Battle of Arnhem , Hollywood altering history again , but a great cast of actors !!!
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

I still remember seeing it in the local German Movie Theater as an 11 year old...It was titled "Die Bruecke von Arnheim" and dubbed in German...Same Movie Theater I saw "Steiner - Das Eiserne Kreuz"... I was already collecting Militaria by that time, having caught the Addiction at a very young age, lol ...
    cheers, Glenn

Was a Great Movie, I loved it I have most of the War Movies on DVD Now. Watch them every Day, First started saving them on Beat Max, Then VHS Now The ones I can't get on DVD I copy them from VHS. I'm a big Old Cowboy Movie fan Like Gene Autry , Roy Rogers ect . Then My War movies, Wife has sort of got used to watching them LOL

It's amazing how time flys. I'm getting the collecting bug again myself. I'm getting rid of everything, and starting from scratch. K98 bayonets probably. I just think they are sexy!

Quote by Paul D View Post
    A Film that spurned many of the myths about the Battle of Arnhem , Hollywood altering history again , but a great cast of actors !!!
    Totally agree; a truly fantastic all-star ensemble of terrific character actors down to the smallest supporting roles.

Also, it's nice to re-visit those classic old-school war epics from the pre-CGI era when everything (alright, most) was still made with real vehicles, aircraft, locations, sets, extras, stunts, practical effects and pyrotechnics. It's just a different look and feel.

They don't make them like they used to...

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast