Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here

6th SS Gebirgs Division 'Nord' image

Article about: This photo and description is from the excellent Facebook group 'WW2 Colourized photos' which I highly recommend if you are a Facebooker! Nick 'Soldiers of the US. 70th Infantry Division lea

Default 6th SS Gebirgs Division 'Nord' image

This photo and description is from the excellent Facebook group 'WW2 Colourized photos' which I highly recommend if you are a Facebooker!

Nick

'Soldiers of the US. 70th Infantry Division lead a column of captured and injured men of the 12th Regiment of the 6th SS-Gebirgs-Division "Nord” from Wingen to the small town of Zittersheim, France. Having held out for 7 days of house to house combat with no reinforcements, nor communication - grossly outnumbered and outgunned; Kampfgruppe “Wingen” fought through encirclement back to their own lines.. at a loss 75% of it’s men. The remainder of the division arrived too late to affect outcome of Nordwind, but the 6.SS-Gebirgsjäger-Regiment 11 continued the action and cut off & destroyed six companies of the US 157th Infantry Regiment north of Reipertswiller, east of Wingen just weeks later.'
    (Colorized by Aaron Higgins from America)
    Attached Images Attached Images 6th SS Gebirgs Division 'Nord' image 
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement 6th SS Gebirgs Division 'Nord' image
    P
    Many

Jan
    ?

Hi Nick is this the FB page You are referring too?

https://www.facebook.com/WWIIinColour

Best,

Jan

"In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

Some good chronology there Lebus , thanks

Nick