Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Baumholder (Germany), Wehrmacht military camp

Article about: Hello to all interested. My grandpa was in Baumholder in Rhine Province, Germany; I don't know exactly when, maybe I can find it. Baumholder became 1937 a garrison town when the Wehrmacht bu

Default Baumholder (Germany), Wehrmacht military camp

Hello to all interested.
    My grandpa was in Baumholder in Rhine Province, Germany; I don't know exactly when, maybe I can find it.
    Baumholder became 1937 a garrison town when the Wehrmacht built its barracks and troop drilling ground here. To do this, several thousand inhabitants were moved.
    Between 1941 and 1945, the troop drilling ground was the location of a prisoner-of-war camp for Soviet, Polish and other prisoners.
    After WWII first french army camp, then and till now US military camp.
    Here the photos of his time in Baumholder. Maybe someone has also photos of this camp?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Baumholder (Germany), Wehrmacht military camp   Baumholder (Germany), Wehrmacht military camp  

Baumholder (Germany), Wehrmacht military camp   Baumholder (Germany), Wehrmacht military camp  

Baumholder (Germany), Wehrmacht military camp   Baumholder (Germany), Wehrmacht military camp  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Baumholder (Germany), Wehrmacht military camp
    P
    Many

Thank you, for sharing these photos with the forum.

Mart

Nice photos..

I went to a US Army NCO school in Baumholder in the 80s. It was up on top of a hill and we were able to see the city below.. The 8th Infantry Division (Crazy Eights) were there at that time..

Smitty

MAP
    ?

Great photos! From the uniforms and nice shiny M35 DD helmets, these are certainly early photos. Pre '40's of course but probably closer to '36 or '37 (as a guess)
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Great set of pictures. I especially like the fact it includes the typical figure of "Der Spiess" the senior NCO easily visible with his twin cuff bands and notebook tucked into his tunic!

Something more recent.