Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Conquered Europe or Wehrmacht - foreign tourists

Article about: All, good day and great mood! Dear like-minded people, I have decided to create a topic and I hope it will be of considerable interest. I invite everyone to take part in the study, identific

?

Friends, I am glad to welcome everyone.Let's move on.
    There is an inscription on the back.I don't know if I decoded it correctly, like the city of Cambrai in France.
    Is it possible to find out what kind of cathedral is in the photo?Conquered Europe or Wehrmacht - foreign tourists

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Conquered Europe or Wehrmacht - foreign tourists
    P
    Many

?

Enlarged the scan.Conquered Europe or Wehrmacht - foreign tourists

?

Well, the inscription itself on the back of the photo.Conquered Europe or Wehrmacht - foreign tourists

?

Please tell me about this monument.Does it exist today and where is it?
    Presumably Verdun Douaumont?Conquered Europe or Wehrmacht - foreign tourists

?

Friends, please help in identifying this monument.Conquered Europe or Wehrmacht - foreign tourists

?

I recently found this one and it took awhile to figure out what and where...Conquered Europe or Wehrmacht - foreign touristsConquered Europe or Wehrmacht - foreign tourists

Rout,

Post # 25 is in front of the Kaiserbad Hotel/Restaurant in Aachen. I believe this was a famous spa resort..

Here are some images of the hotel with the statue. Not a current image but I was able to narrow it down to the city location. Not too sure if the statue is still there..

****** NOTE***** The Second Image that I posted was not an image of the Kaiserbad Hotel. In order to avoid confusion I have removed the image in order to retain factual information instead of speculation. I want to thank CHOPPERMAN for pointing this out.**************

Best regards, stay safe

Smitty
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Conquered Europe or Wehrmacht - foreign tourists  
    Last edited by Rakkasan187; 12-04-2021 at 05:57 PM. Reason: Wrong Image of hotel.. Not the same hotel

Smitty, I think you are showing us two different buildings.

I doubt that the statue still exists. I tried every term or phrase
    I could think of in my search and nothing came close.
    gregM
    Live to ride -- Ride to live

I was addicted to the "Hokey-Pokey" but I've turned
    myself around.

Greg,

Thank you very much for pointing that out, after I posted the second image I realized that the two buildings were most likely two different hotels so I deleted the second image and updated my reply.

Thank you again for your assessment...

I too agree that the statue of the boy and beast are no longer there.. If the image of the statue could be enlarged just a little bit more there is a description at the base.

Best regards, stay safe

Smitty

I just found more information about the statue..

The mythical creature called the Bahkauv is what appears to be climbing down from it's perch.

Here is an article and an image of the statue and it was actually melted down for the use of it's metal content in WW2 but the city of Aachen rebuilt a similar statue in 1967.

Bahkauv - Wikipedia

Interesting topic and research..

Best regards, stay safe

Smitty

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast