Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Der brave Soldat Schweigt Post war LP

Article about: Hi friends, I wasn't sure where to post this so hopefully it is OK here. I found this curious LP put out by Polydor in 1963. Cabaret actor and former concentration camp inmate and Heer veter

Default Der brave Soldat Schweigt Post war LP

Hi friends, I wasn't sure where to post this so hopefully it is OK here. I found this curious LP put out by Polydor in 1963. Cabaret actor and former concentration camp inmate and Heer veteran Werner Finck put out this satirical record post war. I was struck by the uniform he wore for the cover art. It looks like an M40 with Funk Waffenfarbe. Sure enough, Finck served in a communications unit of the 23rd Infantry. The title is a parody of the novel The Good Soldier Švejk. I was astounded to see the "dirty bird" on an LP released in Germany! A real curiosity. It cost a dollar. NeilDer brave Soldat Schweigt Post war LP

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Der brave Soldat Schweigt Post war LP
    P
    Many

?

Interesting item! Thanks for sharing it.

I believe there are real-life examples of Svejk to be found in probably every army. For those not having read The Good Soldier Svejk, a good equivalent of him can be found in the character of Luftwaffe Sergeant Schultz, played by John Banner in the TV classic series Hogan's Heroes. Although I do not believe that Schultz's character was specifically based on Svejk according to what I have read about the show. But the result was the same.

It was the first theater play I saw in my live.
    (on my father's "orders!) ...
    Always looking for Belgian Congo stuff!
    http://out-of-congo.eklablog.com/

cheers
    |<ris

Nice, I'd love to hear it, can you digitize it?