Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Doing research on the person on this death card but could use some help! Thank you

Article about: So this is the death card of a Anni Löhr. She was a German civilian living in the German Town of Neuwied. She was killed by what the card states as a “terrorist attack” on September 8th

Default Doing research on the person on this death card but could use some help! Thank you

So this is the death card of a Anni Löhr. She was a German civilian living in the German Town of Neuwied. She was killed by what the card states as a “terrorist attack” on September 8th 1944. Im assuming that means it was some type of aerial bombing/attack by one of the allied nations. She is on the German war graves commission website but it doesn’t give a lot of info. Only that she was born on March 13th 1908. My main goal is to determine how exactly she was killed. If it was an aerial bombing etc I’d like to know what specific operation it was. So far I can’t find any events that happened in Neuwied on September 8th that would be classified as a terrorist attack. I can’t find any info on any sort of attacks on the town during that time. I did find that the town was bombing by the Allies but that wasn’t until December of 1944. Over a month after she was killed so it can’t be that. Any help would be appreciated.
    Doing research on the person on this death card but could use some help! Thank you

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Doing research on the person on this death card but could use some help! Thank you
    P
    Many

Terrorangriff is what the Germans called the Allied bomber attacks so she was killed in an air raid. The problem is that while she may have lived in Neuwied that doesn't necessarily mean that was where she was when the bombs dropped. Maybe she was in another city or large town when it was bombed as it does say that she was killed at her place of work which may have been a railway or industrial complex or any number of different things.