Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Eastern front by leon degrelle

Article about: I just completed this book and thought I would recommend it to readers who enjoy books concerning the war in the east. It is available in paperback now. Degrelle was a Belgian volunteer and

Default Eastern front by leon degrelle

I just completed this book and thought I would recommend it to readers who enjoy books concerning the war in the east. It is available in paperback now. Degrelle was a Belgian volunteer and believed his country would benefit if he raised volunteer units called [Walloons] to fight along side german forces in Russia. This book is one raw and fascinating read. Really goes into detail concerning combat, suffering, and the horrors of war in general. Taking shelter in the Russian Isbas during the winter and being infested with lice and filth for months on end must have been truly horrific. Author describes the escape from the Cherkassy/Korsun pocket [Hell's Gate] where soldiers had to swim across freezing water all the while being pursued by enemy tanks and infantry. Describes the terrible suffering of the wounded unable to escape and crushed under the tank treads. Believe this book was published under another title like Waffen SS on the Eastern Front in hard cover. Truly a fascinating read in my opinion and wanted to pass on to forum members in case they have not read it. Degrelle did escape to Spain and passed in 1994 I read.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Eastern front  by  leon degrelle
    P
    Many

Degrelle cared nothing for his country...wanted nothing more than to be recognized & respected by Hitler. Even if that meant stabbing his Belgian "brothers" in the back & watching them swing from the gallows. In all respect, he was a traitor & a murderous leach. Whatever needed to be done to gain respect from Hitler, he did it. It took him years to get the respect (or so he thought he had) from Hitler. That included volunteering for battle duty on the Russian front & eliminating anyone he thought was anti-Nazi
    The Wallonian division were left to die, used & abused. Sure...he had a handsome, well decorated uniform...but the guy was a dirt bag.