Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast

Forests, wood and bunkers.

Article about: Hello friends. Today I am going to start a shot thread that I have called "Forests, wood and bunkers". I intend to give a perspective on the territory that the German soldiers foun

What a fantastic thread with some very interesting photos!

Although this is not considered "original militaria" I thought this would be of interest. My WW2 re-enactment group and I are currently building a German log bunker in true scale based on original drawings (Type - Halbgruppenunterstand, teilweise versenkt). The video attached is part 13 in a video series (still ongoing) showing the progress of the build. The bunker we are building is true to the dimensions and construction for a log bunker found in a German fortifications manual from 1943 - with some modifications. This type of bunker was typical for Finland/Karelia, and was similar to the type used at the heights "Hasselmann" and "Kaprolat", and due to ground conditions, this type was designed to be "above ground" - typical for bog and shallow bedrock areas. The logs used are also correct in terms of size and dimensions - for this bunker mostly around 25 cm in diameter. Our bunker is a modified version - we have swapped a regular window port for a version with a machine gun slit (as described by Norwegian WSS soldiers at Hasselmann/Kaprolat). The bunker was used as both sleeping quarters and fighting position, and could accommodate at least 10 men (a squad). Originally, this type of "fighting/sleeping" accommodation bunker had a double layer of logs with space in-between that was to be filled with stone or sand, etc. to give better protection. Due to the amount of logs needed to build such a building we were forced to cheat a little with our build by doing double walls only on the one side (on the side with the machinegun port). But we have incorporated some "false walls" to give the illusion that there are double walls all the way around (full illusion on all sides is not complete at this time). I hope you guys find this information and video interesting! I plan to make a full video once the bunker is complete - explaining the process, showing drawings, photos and sharing details on this bunker.

Best regards from Norway!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Forests, wood and bunkers.
    P
    Many

Incredible videos.
    What a great job you and your group of friends are doing.

Congratulations and good luck

Regards
    Santi

Thank you Sir!

You're welcome, mate.
    I will be attentive to see how the construction of your bunker progresses. Please feel free to use this thread to report your progress.
    And when you finish, don't forget to have a good party with barbecue and beer

Regards
    Santi

Thank you Santi!

Then I will report back when the bunker is finished!
    there will definitely be a party when this thing is over - of course in period correct clothing, food, music and beverages!

Best regards from Norway,
    Leander

The truth is that I was waiting to upload these photos at Christmas, but since the first one is almost exactly what Leander and his group of reenacting friends are building in Norway, I thought: Wow, here they go!

Enjoy friends

Finland Feldzug

Last edited by TabsTabs1964; 11-14-2023 at 12:23 AM.

Thank you so much for sharing these wonderful photos Santi!
    I'm very grateful that you decided to give us this "Christmas gift" early! I recognize many details in the photos that are very similar to the one we are building

Just uploaded another bunker building update (Part 15) the other day for those of you that are interested

Best regards from Norway, Leander

Thanks to you. I just subscribed to your videos to follow your wonderful project step by step.

Regards
    Santi

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast