Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

German bf/me 109 tail fin

Article about: Hi Guyz Hope everyone is well, hope you can see the images ive posted. I acquired this a while ago now. Although the swastika is in the frame at the wrong angle when it is turned the right w

Default German bf/me 109 tail fin

German bf/me 109 tail finGerman bf/me 109 tail finGerman bf/me 109 tail finGerman bf/me 109 tail finGerman bf/me 109 tail finGerman bf/me 109 tail finGerman bf/me 109 tail finGerman bf/me 109 tail fin

Hi Guyz
    Hope everyone is well, hope you can see the images ive posted.
    I acquired this a while ago now. Although the swastika is in the frame at the wrong angle when it is turned the right way all the rivet holes match the position of the rear brackets. As you can see shot down in 1940 I believe it was a trophy in a mess hall.
    Any input would be much appreciated. As you can see from the rear it has never been out of the frame.
    Cheers
    Matt

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement German bf/me 109 tail fin
    P
    Many

I think photos out of the frame would be helpful. Based on these images I have my doubts.

?

I would be reluctant to take it out of the frame if it has never been removed.. assuming it is the real thing.

I feel better about this than the others that seem to show up .... the hand brushed aspect and blistering of the paint all lends creedance.
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

?

leave it in the frame, why ruin a great piece of history because some one wants you to remove it. jmho.

Awesome! thanks for sharing. Wish it were mine.

Lightbulb

Nice-looking item ; but difficult to research. Pilot Officer Alderson isn't listed as a BofB Fighter Command pilot ( in Wynn's Men Of The Battle Of Britain ) so he may have been Bomber or Coastal Command etc. He may have taken the souvenir from a wreck, rather than having been responsible for its' destruction. September 15th was of course 'Battle Of Britain Day' which makes this relic especially interesting.

Is there any record of a Canterbury crash at that time Martin?

Lightbulb

September 15th is regarded as the climax of the Battle, and a lot of Luftwaffe aircraft were lost on that day - especially over Kent. I haven't been able to find a record of any crash in Canterbury, but it could well be a case of near Canterbury. The official listings would show the nearest tiny village or hamlet as being the crash location......

Thanks mate, never easy is it?
    Guess why its called research, and search some more...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast