Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

German perspective non fiction books

Article about: I once saw a list of books that were about what the SS and German army encountered on the eastern front, all the terrible things the Germans went through during battle or as a pow. It was on

Default German perspective non fiction books

I once saw a list of books that were about what the SS and German army encountered on the eastern front, all the terrible things the Germans went through during battle or as a pow. It was on a forum not sure which one and I'm thinking most of the books on the list were not main stream books such as the book sniper on the eastern front or one's you hear about all the time. they were maybe less popular or not as well known. Figured I'd ask all of you expert's. Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement German perspective non fiction books
    P
    Many

Hi there.

Here are a couple non fiction books I have (I’m not sure how accurate the information and events contained within them are).

Iron Cross Roads by Joachim Liebschner.

It is a story of harsh imprisonment, transportation and back-breaking labour in the cotton fields of Arkansas, exchanged for the grey skies of East Anglia and belated repatriation to a battered and divided Fatherland.

The Forgotten Soldier by Guy Sajer.
    The Forgotten Soldier - Wikipedia

Read the forgotten Soldier, can't guarantee the authenticity but thoroughly enjoyed it!

There was a series of books that I remember about 30 odd years ago... by Sven Hassel, think they were more novels. There's a book about a machine gunner on the eastern front, very interesting, I seem to remember the reviews on the Forgotten Soldier as being possibly being more novelistic, so I didn't buy it ! Through Hell for Hitler by Henry Metalman is a great read, a story of HJ to Army !
    Regards
    Paul

Bit late to the thread but just finished "The Reckoning" by author Pritt Buttar. Third book in the trilogy concerning Army Group South. Excellent read describing some tough fighting indeed. In fact "On A Knife"s Edge and Retribution are also great reads by the same author.