Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Heydrichs chaffeur

Article about: Hello what happened to his driver was he shot as is told in the films or was he okay after the bomb was thrown at the car.....????? thanks jim tylee

Default Heydrichs chaffeur

Hello
    what happened to his driver was he shot as is told in the films or was he okay after the bomb was thrown at the car.....?????
    thanks jim tylee

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Heydrichs chaffeur
    P
    Many

I assume "hidrick" is supposed to be Reinhard Heydrich.

His driver, Oberscharführer Johannes Klein, was briefly dazed, but not injured by the explosion and, pistol in hand, gave chase to one of the assassins, Jozef Gabčík.

He had to give up after Gabčík shot him in the leg. His gunshot wound was surgically treated at the Bulovka hospital. Klein suffered a permanent limp as a result of this injury.

He was eventually promoted to Untersturmführer and administered an SS driving school until the end of the war.

Do you know what happened to him after the war? I was reading on another forum, that someone said he was murdered in the 1990s

Thanks for the info and apologise for poor spelling

Quote by wizardman View Post
    Do you know what happened to him after the war? I was reading on another forum, that someone said he was murdered in the 1990s
    Sorry; I don't know about his postwar fate.

?

Bulovka, also where Heydrich died.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Heydrichs chaffeur