Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Himmler's capture

Article about: well i think some people on this site may have useful information so here goes. I'm writing about the capture of H. Himmler on May 21st 1945. Of every book I've read about Himmler not a sing

Himmler's captureHimmler's captureHimmler's captureThis image may well depict the highly secret SS Helferinnen procedure to check the elasticity of Wehrmacht bicycle tyres of Buna with the female posterior.

I thought you knew of it....?
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 08-31-2015 at 02:05 AM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Himmler's capture
    P
    Many

?

Quote by dubman View Post
    I don;t think I'll bother doing the book after all. [...]. Respected historians have written about it and got it WRONG. [...].

Quote by dubman View Post
    and for the record I was talking about his capture, NOT arrest, NOT death. He was captured on 21st May. handed over on the 22nd.
    It would have been interesting to hear what the original poster's thesis is, which can be disclosed without revealing any new or sensitive sources.

I'd like to be surprised but can't imagine that there can be enough new material to justify a book. I know how sensitive one can feel about losing control over research findings but have also found that, in reality, there are few people who are ready for the time consuming and usually unremunerative discipline of writing a serious book, even if they have all sources on a plate.

I see that, having just typed this, that the original poster has already told his story to the Daily Mail (Historian discovered his grandfather captured Nazi Heinrich Himmler | Daily Mail Online)

Very interesting

Is the OP Mr Mannion ?? Would be interesting if you confirm .

If it is Mr Mannion I find the way hes been treated on here rather disappointing actually....

?

Quote by HistoryMan View Post
    Very interesting

If it is Mr Mannion I find the way hes been treated on here rather disappointing actually....

I Agree, this is what i hate about these forums

i think i,ve had enough of them !!

To many smart Arses

?

It makes me laugh when people "look" for "new" facts making sure first all the eyewitnesses are dead, and then try to rubbish official contemporary documents and evidence .....

All that needs to be known is there in black and white, ... all the statements are there from the people who were there ...

How can a theory hold water against contemporary information/ documemtation/ photographs ?
    If so , ... ALL history is fiction.

Next we will be lead to believe that Himmler was Jesus reborn and was misunderstood .......

?

Quote by AZPhil View Post
    FB,
    I love reading your post and I thank you for them!! if you would be so kind to give some insight into the last picture in your post #31
    It just leaves to much to the imagination that I need to know exactly what I'm seeing.
    Semper Fi
    Phil

When i was living in the latin american Barrio/slums for a decade we had amateur tailors coming the door to take your measurements using nothing more than a piece of rope, or what they had handy that day. So for me i would say this reminds me of the times i had my measurements taken.

No no no smartass I didnt used a skirt....

Quote by HistoryMan View Post

If he or anybody else is disappointed by the fact that the members here did not enthusiastically compile and post all their primary and secondary information on Himmler's capture in response to a demand for information from a new member who rejected all requests for sharing his own data... I really couldn't care less.

If that makes us, in the words of Mr. Mac 66, "smart Arses", so be it.

I have been called worse.

I cant see what all the fuss is about really, the guy just asked if anyone had more information, he's not a professional, hes an amateur with a personal connection to Himmler's capture

Its not a secret is it, the story regarding Himmler's capture and death ?

It seems it is a secret and only Mr dubman has the answer...to which we mortals must pay $19.95 (or whatever Amazon charges these days) for a glimpse of.

Quote by Glenn66 View Post
    It seems it is a secret and only Mr dubman has the answer...to which we mortals must pay $19.95 (or whatever Amazon charges these days) for a glimpse of.
    Good point !

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast